Senior Auditor CRS
Company: UL, LLC
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2020
OverviewOther companies make products. We make a difference!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At
UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world
wake up every day with one common purpose to make the world a
safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear
the way for our customers to introduce the latest products,
technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex
world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our
integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we
approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we
do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue
to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to
keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the
future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are
confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier
too.ResponsibilitiesPerform high level assessments in a variety of
work sites throughout a region or country. The senior auditor
assesses and reports in accordance with UL and client audit
protocols on as it relates to established criteria and/or client
programs. Senior auditors are also expected to have an active
mentoring role with trainees, team and lead auditors out on the
field. Senior auditors will participate and lead higher level
audits; and as such this will involve complex methodologies,
advanced analysis, and comprehensive / intricate reporting. Reports
will be written in English in an objective, accurate, detailed and
timely manner.Senior auditors may also, from time to time, be
assigned to handle special tasks or projects, as may be determined
by their supervisor.
- Execute accurate, objective and high quality assessments by
implementing all requirements indicated in the client specific
procedures, auditor training and audit scope. Prepare in advance by
downloading and reading audit documents and protocols related to
- Document and report the audit findings/observations. Submit
audit reports and communicate audit results to facility management
in a professional, objective, and clear manner.
- Verify the effectiveness of corrective actions taken as a
result of audit.
- Cooperate with and supporting other auditors and staff.
- Promptly address any clarification queries from the reviewing
team and respond to all emails in a timely manner.
- Complete all assigned training activities and actively
participate in training sessions
- Apply feedback from reviewers, training specialist, quality
manager, program managers and client facing team to future work for
- Treat privileged information with discretion and ensuring all
audit related documents and results remain confidential and
- Update country law profiles for assigned country/region in
support of the audit process & advisory services and update
appropriate tracking tools.
- Conduct specialized audits where a higher level of auditing
skills and methodology is required (such as RBA, RJC, SMETA,
Environmental, Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement,
- Mentor role with trainees, team and lead auditors
- Partner with training team, program managers, and client facing
groups to establish valuable programs
- Read and follow the Underwriters Laboratories Code of Conduct,
and follow all physical and digital security practices
- Performs other duties as directed.Qualifications
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelors degree)
- Must meet ASPCA RA (Registered Auditor) requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel to other regions or
throughout the designated country (up to 85% annually)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Fully proficient/literate in a 2ndlanguage is preferred.
- Excellent oral communication skills; capable of addressing high
executive audiences and conduct opening and closing conferences in
front of multiple people.
- Excellent mathematical skills and analytical skills. Creative
and innovative thinking to problem solve and streamline
- Ability to lead a team of auditors during the execution of a
project and/or specialized audits
- Proficient in internet navigation, e-mail and PC software such
as Microsoft Word, Excel.Connect With Us!Not ready to apply?for
general consideration.UL is committed to hiring and retaining a
qualified diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions.LocationUS-NY-New YorkJob
ID2019-15103of Openings1Job CategoryProgram/Project Management
Keywords: UL, LLC, New York , Senior Auditor CRS, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!