12 Month Finance Internship
Company: L'Oreal USA
Location: New York
Posted on: January 17, 2020
DIRECTOR, RETAIL FINANCE
Kiehl\'s since 1851, Free Standing Stores
New York City (435 Hudson St)
The Director of Retail Finance, is responsible for managing a full
P&L for Kiehl s free standing stores (FSS) with particular
emphasis on YOY spend analysis for Beauty Advisors, rent, and
capital. The Director will also serve as the financial liaison to
the Sales, Marketing, retail Operations and Human Resources
departments. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to
work with the Chief Retail Officer team to complete business cases
on each of the stores, and liaise with senior management of the
brand to make recommendations for the future of the Kiehl s and
Outlets brick and mortar business.
* Work with Business Development team to understand the drivers
behind sales in the P&L
* Build Budgets and full P&L for the fleet
* Understand and influence the retail financial strategy, working
directly with the head of retail stores, brand controller and brand
* Complete Business cases for rent increases for each door on lease
* Complete impairment analysis for each door on yearly basis
* Provide monthly commentary for key drivers to spend and cost
savings in the monthly P&L and review with management
* Must be comfortable with granular-level data (the FSS business
has 80+ doors and 40+ outlets, which are planned on a detailed
level during trend and close).
* Complete reconciliation between all systems (Compass, SAP, FC)
for all signatures and all doors and maintain data mapping
* Complete ROI s for promotions and spend throughout the year
* Complete PO approval as necessary
* Complete journal entries as necessary and liaise with accounting
for all entries
* Audit Follow up
* Ad hoc projects as necessary
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA
preferred. * 7-10 years of retail (beauty or consumer goods)
* Team management experience
* Strong budgeting, forecasting, and analysis experience required,
with previous experience managing a full P&L.
* Strong communication, collaboration and team building
* Broad business acumen and problem solving skills.
* A self-starter that is able to operate with minimum direction and
adapt quickly to changes in priorities and multi-task multiple
* Flexible, diplomatic, detail oriented style with professional,
* Self-starter with a high level of professionalism and
demonstrated initiative, judgment, decisiveness, confidence and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse
environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring,
training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or
any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an
application for a recognized disability under applicable law,
please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com.
Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for
assistance completing the application as a request for
accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Keywords: L'Oreal USA, New York , 12 Month Finance Internship, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!