Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting
Company: AE Networks
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department
in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays.
That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly
glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not
only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and
analyze important data that helps leadership make the best
decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love
numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great
THE ROLE: Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting
A+E Networks has an amazing Senior Accountant role with significant
exposure in accounting, budgeting, and analytics functions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting
- Prepare monthly journal entries for various accounts on the
balance sheet & P&L, including but not limited to accruals,
reclasses and true-ups as needed.
- Conduct variance analysis against forecast, budget and prior
year in the monthly financial close, work with different corporate
services departments to document explanations for manager's
- Review ledger details each month and maintain calendarized
year-to-date actual spending reports by department and by vendor
for manager's review. Investigate significant variances and follow
- Update various prepaid account schedules by adding new invoices
and establishing amortization schedules.
- Roll forward all monthly, quarterly or annual schedules for
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure
accurate balances are maintained in SAP.
- Generate and extract accounting data from SAP, Carta (A/P
System) and Legal Tracker (Legal payment system) for detailed
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for various
departments by communicating with relevant stakeholders to gather
reasonable estimates and uploading or reviewing respective work
status of each department.
- Perform ad-hoc analytics as requested by manager.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to interact with various
stakeholders within both the finance and business groups. You will
develop strong relationships and use your professional skepticism
to drill down into and propose solution to problems.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, highly knowledgeable in accruals
and GAAP accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or auditing required
- Hands-on private company and month/year end close experience
- CPA licensure desired but not required
- Experience with corporate accounting systems such as SAP or
similar ERP system is desirable.
- Candidate must be comfortable with moderate to advanced MS
Excel functionality including pivot tables, sum-ifs, v-lookups,
text-to-columns, and other.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must
be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be
able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints.
- Detailed-oriented and extremely organized.
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling and research
- Eagerness to improve efficiency efforts and analyze complex
- Strong oral and written communication / interpersonal
- Strong work ethic & professionalism, must be able to handle
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us...and
maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts
or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill
or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in
this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment
policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color,
ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status,
military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies
to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television
Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: AE Networks, New York , Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!