Food Safety Auditor - Greater Manhattan Area
Company: UL, LLC
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewOther companies make products. We make a difference!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At
UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world
wake up every day with one common purpose to make the world a
safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear
the way for our customers to introduce the latest products,
technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex
world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our
integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we
approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we
do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue
to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to
keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the
future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are
confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier
too.ResponsibilitiesFood Safety Auditor -Greater Manhattan New York
TerritoryUnder direct supervision, project manages the completion
of assigned client food safety audits. Educates and trains client
employees, including hourly and salaried staff levels, on food
safety practices. Conducts food safety training for clients and
works with them to adopt important food safety principles. Prepares
written analyses for clients which includes observations,
assessments, and recommendations conveyed during the audits.
- Project manages the completion of assigned client food safety
- Utilizes food safety knowledge and training to objectively
analyze and assess food safety, sanitation, and security measures
at client locations primarily restaurants and grocery stores.
- Educates and trains client employees, including hourly and
salaried staff, on food safety practices.
- Supports the client adoption of important food safety
- Prepares written analyses for clients which includes
observations, assessments, and recommendations conveyed during
- Serves as a liaison between the client and the Health
Department when requested.
- Performs other duties as directed.Qualifications
- University degree in a science curriculum plus generally two
years of experience in retail food safety, restaurant food safety,
Environmental Health, Public Health or other relevant
- RS or REHS Certification, or equivalent certification
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project expectations
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Willingness to do 25-50% overnight travelConnect With Us!Not
ready to apply?for general consideration.UL is committed to hiring
and retaining a qualified diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.LocationUS-NY-New
YorkJob ID2019-15649of Openings1Job CategoryFood Safety
Keywords: UL, LLC, New York , Food Safety Auditor - Greater Manhattan Area, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!