AVP - Accounting Policy Analyst
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
AVP - Accounting Policy Analyst
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global
financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail
banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by
Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core
mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the
local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of
the world's largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In
North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution
providing services across the food and agriculture value chain.
RDS's support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout
Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion
The AVP Accounting Policy Analyst reports to the ED Head of U.S.
Accounting Policy, who in turn reports to the MD Head of Policy.
This position is responsiblefor supporting the Head of U.S.
Accounting Policy in the bank's implementation effort on new
accounting standards (US GAAP and IFRS),monitoring accounting
standards and regulatory reporting development (Federal Reserve
Board), conduct accounting research, prepare educational materials,
participate in reviewing complex and confidential transactions,
prepare accounting analysis memo, liaise with controllers and
perform research on accounting consultation from the businesses.
Overtime, this position should grow to become a subject matter
expert in US GAAP, IFRS and regulatory reporting.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Monitor the activities of accounting and regulatory standard
setting bodies (i.e. FASB, FRB. IASB and EITF) and prepare
quarterly accounting and regulatory accounting updates for the
Accounting Standards Committee.
- Coordinate and assist in the development of accounting policies
and update the firm's accounting policy and regulatory reporting
- Liaise with Global Head Office Accounting Policy team in
researching on IFRS accounting matter.
- Team with senior members of business finance to conduct
accounting research of new business activities and transactions on
the firms' financial statements.
- Partner with various businesses to implement technical
accounting guidance, as well as new/revised accounting policies and
- Assist in preparing training and other presentations on a
variety of accounting topics to constituents across the firm.
- Prepare accounting and regulatory accountingposition
- Assist businesses with the review and preparation of annual or
quarterly accounting US GAAP or regulatory accounting
- Interact with external auditors on technical accounting issues
and assist other businesses in the support of annual audits.
- Participate in Ad Hoc accounting projects.
- 1+ years private sector (banking) experience, with 4 years of
public accounting (Big 4) experience.
- Bachelordegree in Accounting/Finance or Business
Administration, Master in Accounting/Finance a plus.
- CPA required.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills, especially writing.
- Strong accounting and finance background.
- Banking and financial products knowledge.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a
first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical
coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our
benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services ("Rabo")
all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military
service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires,
trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all
personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and
abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above.
This policy governs all aspects of employment, including
application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline,
termination of employment, and access to benefits and
Keywords: Rabobank, New York , AVP - Accounting Policy Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!