Corporate Credit Analyst - Oil & Gas
Company: Mizuho Financial Group
Location: New York
Posted on: October 19, 2020
About the Team
The Americas Credit Department is responsible for reviewing and
approving all credit-related applications in the Americas. It is
also responsible for approving internal ratings of bank customers
and continuously monitoring their credit profiles.
The Credit Department AVP must possess strong credit analysis and
communication skills as well as a firm understanding of the Oil &
Gas industry and market trends in order to make accurate
recommendations to senior management regarding credit requests.
- Provides effective analysis of credit including, worthiness of
applicant, loan structure/key terms, applicant operating profile
including historical profit and loss performance, financial
condition and cash flow. Compares the prospective borrower to its
peers. Considers risks and mitigants. Creates cash flow projections
with reasonable assumptions, taking into account economic and
industry trends, for Mizuho's base and sensitivity cases.
- Reviews/assesses credit applications from other
- Prepares accurate, clear, well-organized and complete written
summary/analysis (Credit Opinion) with recommendations for
transaction approval or decline. Discusses with branches/agencies
potential changes to credit structure or other conditions for which
we would grant credit approval.
- Presents credit approval recommendations to senior management,
including Borrower exposure to maximize risk return.
- Recommends appropriate risk rating for each
customer/transaction as required. Conducts comprehensive annual
reviews (CARs) of clients.
- Proactively monitors assigned borrowers and assesses their
market data such as bond price, EDF, CDS or loan secondary price as
well as impact of other early warning indicators. Reports findings
and suggested action plan to Senior Management.
- Maintains industry subsector and portfolio information for the
team for use in peer comparisons or presentations to Senior
- Supports team on new transactions, CARs, reserve based lending
redeterminations, and ratings.
- Complies with credit standards, policies, objectives and
- With appropriate guidance from management, coordinates with
branches/agencies on deal structures, risk appetite, and credit
policies as well as issues related to credit applications,
monitoring, or industry trends.
- Compliance: Maintains a basic understanding of the applicable
rules and regulations that govern the Bank. Understands that all
questions and/or clarification about such rules and regulations
should be directed to the Legal & Compliance Department in Americas
Division. Attends the Annual Compliance Training presented by the
Legal & Compliance Department. Reads and responds as necessary to
all compliance-related reference and directive materials received.
Comply with the Bank's "Code of Conduct".
Proven credit analysis skills and related analytical
- Exhibits a capacity to analyze the underlying credit trends,
including the competence to accurately assess credit migration
trends and default possibility of the borrowers.
- Demonstrates credit skills/ability to accurately identify and
evaluate underlying risk elements of the borrowers in the Oil & Gas
- Strong financial modeling capabilities and analysis of
historical and projected results.
- Aptitude to write well organized, accurate and in-depth credit
opinions and CARs with thoughtful cash flow projections.
- Strong multitasking ability to proactively monitor on an
on-going basis the pool of credits to detect potential credit
problems at an early stage while also conducting CARs and assessing
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or
Economics or strong quantitative background
- Formal credit training from an accredited financial institution
(3+ years of experience) and strong financial modeling skills
- Solid time management skills with ability to schedule work to
meet both long term and short term time frames.
- Consistently effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to present credit package to decision maker. Communicates
what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Knowledge of credit policies and procedures. Familiarity with
regulatory rating requirements.
- Proficiency with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS Excel, Word and
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising
several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and
investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset
management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas
connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial
institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast
global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the
Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is
comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000
employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Mizuho Financial Group, New York , Corporate Credit Analyst - Oil & Gas, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!