Corporate Tax and Insurance Manager
Company: The Ritedose Corporation
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Corporate Tax & Insurance Manager is responsible and
accountable for all activities pertaining to the tax and insurance
functions, including the commercial business insurance program.
- Knowledge of the business, business concepts and government
- Familiarity with the legal entity ownership structure
- Familiarity with the nature of the business of each business
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical industry, including system of
distribution and supply chain
- Compliance with all federal and state tax laws, in all
- Ensure all tax returns and reports are accurately and timely
prepared and filed (e.g., income, franchise, property, sales &
- Ensure all taxes and tax-related fees are timely paid
- Keep informed about tax laws; monitor regulatory and
legislative developments, as well as judicial cases and
- Calculation of the income tax provision for the financial
- Calculate the provision for income taxes in accordance with
U.S. GAAP for the timely closing of the accounting books and
inclusion in the financial statements
- Prepare appropriate footnote disclosures and analytical
commentary for inclusion in the financial statements
- Review the income tax provision calculations and footnote
disclosures with the independent auditors in connection with
year-end audits and quarterly reviews
- Management of the corporate insurance program
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and appropriateness of
- Lead the insurance renewal process, ensuring sufficient lead
time for senior management review and approval of renewals
- Maintain and update records and files of all insurance
- Ensure that Certificates of Insurance are received and
maintained current from all applicable contracting parties (e.g.,
CDMO clients, service providers)
- Ensure that Certificates of Insurance are sent to only those
parties that have a current right to receive it. (Coordinate with
insurance broker and our internal accounting/finance staff)
- Direct and manage third-party service providers (e.g., tax
advisor, SaaS, insurance broker)
- Primary point of contact for communications and exchange of
data and information
- Assess and evaluate the performance of third-party service
providers, to ensure the necessary services and value are being
- Monitor compliance and adherence to contractual agreements with
third-party service providers
- Review and approval of third-party service provider
- Maintenance and administration of tax records and files
- Maintain and update records and files of all tax returns and
reports, including income tax returns, property tax returns, and
sales/use tax returns
- Maintain written policies and procedures (SOPs)
- Prepare/update Policy documents, including for the following:
Federal Taxes, State Taxes, Commercial Banking, Customer Credit,
Commercial Insurance Program
- Prepare/update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) documents,
including for the following: Preparation and Filing of Tax Returns,
Calculation of the Provision for Income Taxes, Documentation of Tax
Issues and Positions, Payment Processing, Establishing and
Reviewing Customer Credit Limits, Renewal of Commercial/Business
- Projects and tasks as may be assigned or delegated by the CFO
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Administration; concentration in taxation preferable.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience working in the tax practice
of a major public accounting firm, with responsibility for tax
compliance, tax research and tax planning.
- Thorough understanding of U.S. corporation taxation (Federal
and States; Income and Sales & Use).
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP for accounting for tax matters,
including knowledge of ASC 740.
- General knowledge of commercial banking, cash management and
- General knowledge of commercial business insurance and risk
- Skilled at reading, interpreting and applying laws,
regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skilled at reading and understanding complex material,
including commercial contracts/agreements.
- Adept in critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Skilled in accurately, concisely and clearly communicating (in
"layman's terms") information in both written and oral presentation
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain cooperative internal
and external business relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Keywords: The Ritedose Corporation, New York , Corporate Tax and Insurance Manager, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!