Senior Compliance PMO Director
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Company: Investment Banking / Corp. Finance, New York, NY
Remarks: The role will serve as a senior compliance risk manager
who will collaborate with the broader ICRM teams, business
partners, technology and global functions to drive the
implementation of strategies, tactics and action plans to meet
Company ICRM mission requirements, consistent with Company's risk
appetite. This includes open, constructive communication, sharing
of ideas and suggestions, active listening, pro-active
participation and enhancing overall engagement of managers and
employees. The Senior Compliance Project Management Office (PMO)
Director is primarily focused on delivering the end-to-end
disciplines, processes, and practices for effective management
across ICRM specifically related to program management disciplines
and delivery of strategic control initiatives. As a representative
and extension of the Company ICRM brand, this person enhances the
safety and soundness of Company by developing trusted networks,
engaging in information sharing and best practice evaluations. This
person is responsible for assessing complex issues, structuring
potential solutions, and driving to resolution with senior
stakeholders. Demonstrated experience and success in
transformational change management processes and practices is
Key Activities include:
- Develop and enhance the framework and establish standards for
the execution of strategic control initiatives, inclusive of
interaction with and requirements for functions not directly under
ICRM management governance and oversight.
- Achieve successful execution of projects on time, with quality
and within budget. Drive operational efficiency as regulatory book
of work continues to evolve.
- Examine any redundant functions and processes; define and
implement required actions to continuously improve effectiveness
- Interface directly with regulators and oversee development of
all reporting against regulatory obligations. This includes,
actively participating in and driving Regulatory meeting agenda to
provide updates on key remediation activities and promote effective
communication with Regulators.
- --Participate in and report out to the Compliance Committee of
the Board on significant projects.
- Provide strategic advice and credible challenge to the ICRM
Senior Leadership regarding defining and managing ICRM strategy,
goals, performance indicators and strategic initiatives. Guide the
leadership team through the prioritization, definition,
documentation, agreement and tracking of key functional goals,
strategies and plans. Trouble-shoot and problem-solve emerging ICRM
management challenges and issues through to resolution.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Company's clients,
products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner, providing
direction and guidance on the programs.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Company's key
compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Company are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled,
consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies
and processes established within the risk governance
- Working collaboratively with senior Company management across
business and functional lines in recommending, developing and
executing on business initiatives within permissible statutory and
- Review priorities and ensure alignment of resources against the
most critical projects and deliverables. Education Level
Required:--Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or
other control-related function in the financial services firm,
regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination
thereof; extensive experience in area of focus; previous experience
managing a diverse staff
Preferred:--Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Knowledge and Skills
--(general and technical)
- At least 15 years' demonstrated performance in a highly
regulated environment. Compliance or similar function
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented,
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Experience with Board level and U.S. Regulators level
communication and interaction with the ability to articulate
complex problems and facilitate the definition and implementation
of solutions through crisp and clear messaging.
- Strong track record of interacting and working with Executive
Leaders. The role requires leadership presence, subject matter
expertise, and the finesse to work with industry leaders and senior
- Demonstrated success in managing highly complex project
management activities with agility, a sense of urgency and clear
- Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance
programs and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root
cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential
solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a
senior level using sound judgment and successful execution,
understanding how to operate effectively across diverse
- Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing
competing priorities and comfortable acting as an agent for
positive change with agility and flexibility.
- Ability to quickly pivot and get up-to-speed on key remediation
- Provides evaluative judgment and problem-solving based on
conceptual thinking and analysing the facts in complicated, unique
and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and
external sources to identify root causes and synthesize, develop
and present pragmatic, clear and concise recommendations.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining
- Deep and broad operations knowledge and change management
implementation experience - demonstrated by examples of leading,
scaling and executing against global strategic programs.
- Role model for and driver of a culture of ethics, learning and
accountability. Positive, can-do attitude, action and
results-oriented, decisive, and willing to take control of a
situation when required; trusted advisor with sound judgment even
when operating under pressure or significant stress.
- Knowledge of current major global economic issues, regulations
and the ability to assess their impact or potential impact on the
business includes demonstrated performance in a highly regulated
- Project Management certifications preferred, but not
- Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules,
regulations, risks and appropriate controls.
Like This Job No. 644188
VP Product Science & Analytics
New York, NY
Job No. 643983
New York, NY
Job No. 643906
VP Continuous Improvement
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., New York , Senior Compliance PMO Director, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!