Company: Addition Management
Location: New York
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Job Title: Junior AccountantLocation: Midtown, NYC: Salary:
$50,000 -$55,000 NY based Financial Service firm seeks a Junior
Accountant to join their Team ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Prepare and Substantiate Reconciliation for Bank, Claim fund,
Funds Held, Lease Schedule, Fix Assets, and other Balance sheet and
- Perform the daily banking responsibilities including but not
limited to positive pay, general banking, daily booking of bank
activity, miscellaneous check clearing differences, check request,
and check deposits.
- Program accounting including tracking and maintaining detailed
supporting work-papers, and recording transactions. Incoming data
from administrator should be checked for reasonability, and
questions should be asked. Applicable reinsurance shall be applied,
including Funds Held tracking and reporting.
- Set up premium accruals, and reserves, while verifying that
source data ties to the ledger.
- Assist with the completion of state filings and forms.
- Assist with some Statutory Annual/Quarter statement
preparation, including but not limited to the Supplemental Accident
and Health exhibits, Schedule F/S, Schedule T, and Schedule H.
Junior Accountant will need to work with others to ensure he/she is
getting all necessary detailed data to complete the assigned
components of the statement.
- Assist in various new projects, analysis, and similar
job-related duties as needed.
- Research reconciliation differences that occur as part of the
program accounting process.
- Prepare financial statement to work paper support
- Assist with commission accruals, billing, and payments.--
Performs all other job functions necessary for the proper
management of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Excellent PC skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communications, writing and interpersonal skill a
plus, specifically reading comprehension skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Must be proficient and have working knowledge of general ledger
transactions and financial statement preparation.
- Assistance with contract interpretation is a plus.
Keywords: Addition Management, New York , Junior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!