Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
Location: New York
Posted on: April 11, 2021
The OrganizationWhat We DoWith residents and partners, LISC
forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across
America - great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise
families. Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and
credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community
infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational
mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations
to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes
that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being. Over the last
40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $22
billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational
mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety,
employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize
underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC's
reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets
with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at
This position reports to the Director, Investor Relations and
Capital Strategies in LISC's national Treasury department. The
Senior Financial Analyst will create models, reports and indicators
used to analyze cash flows and performance of the portfolio.
Additionally, the Analyst will support the building of a
best-in-class investor relations function at LISC. The successful
candidate will be energetic, exceptionally analytic, have excellent
(verbal and written) communication skills and be able to relate to
senior-level executives. Candidates should be committed to LISC's
mission and have an interest in a career in community
development/nonprofit finance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Serve as the internal point person for loan portfolio
information at LISC. Report on loan portfolio performance and
trends to LISC's Board of Directors and Senior Management;
highlight key analytic insights and develop new indicators as
- Support the analytic needs of Chief Financial Officer, Senior
VP of Lending, Chief Credit Officer, Treasurer and field offices
with ad hoc analyses, projections and financial models.
- Coordinate and enhance reporting to LISC's current lenders
(primarily financial institutions), including overall
implementation and management of a CRM system and production of
- Organize loan portfolio data for S&P rating reviews.
- Support the ongoing management of LISC's Impact Notes program,
including marketing, preparation of annual updates, and ongoing
- Execute and occasionally coordinate due diligence packages for
lenders, industry surveys, and funding applications.
- Review loans and attend regular Credit Committee and loan
- Work with various departments to define and capture LISC's
impact data, improve data quality procedures, and enhance impact
reporting to investors.
- Identify and help implement procedures to increase operational
efficiency. Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is
- Minimum 3 years work related experience in finance, community
development and/or data analysis.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative modeling and analysis skills
- Basic understanding of the financial side of lending, including
interest accrual and loan amortization.
- Excellent Excel skills are a must. Familiarity with programming
and/or statistical software an advantage.
- Proactive, self-starter, able to make decisions amidst
- Candidate must be well organized, detail oriented and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous nonprofit experience desirable but not required.
Compensation: LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent
benefits. Please email your cover letter and resume & use the
subject line, "Senior Financial Analyst". LISC IS AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TODIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND
Keywords: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), New York , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!