Assistant Branch Mgr
Company: Valley Bank
Location: Ho Ho Kus
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Under the direction of the Market Manager, the Assistant Branch
Manager provides branch oversight, works with branch staff to
ensure adherence to compliance with all bank policies while
providing an outstanding customer experience. Leads by example in
bank product knowledge, sales and customer support. Provides a
supportive work environment and guidance to branch staff to meet
product sales goals and service standards. Interface with various
Valley departments and make appropriate referrals. Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and
satisfaction, individually and collectively within the branch.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere at the branch that ensures
continuous client engagement.
- Build and promote branch identity, drive product sales and
promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer
experience and branch success.
- Meet with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize
business development opportunities. Offers bank products and
services to existing and perspective customers and assists with
other service needs, opens new accounts, i.e. checking, savings,
certificate of deposit and IRAs. Discuss bank loan products.
Possess knowledge of on-line banking and mobile banking abilities
to promote and demonstrate to customers.
- Provide quality customer service through personal contact with
customers and prospects in adherence with company policy including,
handling customer issues in person or over the phone in researching
and resolving issues.
- Participate and support CRA initiatives, activities and
- Review and approve requests to include approval to cash large
checks, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the
approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Work to meet existing branch performance standards in areas
such as operating control loss, Universal Bankers' level of
experience, bank secrecy, and compliance with established policies
- Continue to build proficiency of banking principles and sales
techniques by attending internal training, external training, and
completion of continuing education courses.
- Collaborate with the Market Manager by providing feedback
regarding interviews, hiring, performance appraisals and
disciplinary actions for the staff.
- Ability to perform all transactions required by a customer and
use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and
efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box.
- Ability to utilize technology such as Teller Scanning
Equipment, Cash Recycling and Cash Dispensing machines and support
customers in the use of Coin Machines.
- Under the direction of the Market Manager, supervises all
operational aspects of the branch functions to ensure satisfactory
audit ratings and adherence to compliance requirements.
- Full knowledge of all branch operations encompassing making
sound business decisions and including: Evaluating, honoring and
approving all exception items minimizing potential loss to the
bank; supervises Operational Risk.
- Ensure the branch is in compliance daily meeting all Retail
Banking Policy and Procedures. Ensure Staff and Branch is in full
proof daily. Order and/or prepare currency shipments, ensuring cash
vault in proof daily and maintained with assigned cash limits.
Maintain and prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports.
- Knowledge and review of proper account opening documentation,
ensuring proper documentation is collected and maintained to comply
with policy and procedure; including the completion of timely site
- Knowledge of KYC (Know Your Customer) and CIP (Customer
Identification Program). Knowledge of wire documentation, with
responsibility for obtaining proper documentation and approvals
prior to sending a wire.
- Oversee timely submission and accuracy of all Branch Management
Operational reports, AML reporting and audits as required,
including reconciliation of Branch general ledger accounts and
other report inconsistencies; knowledge of Suspicious Activity red
- Represent VNB in dealing with customer complaints, inquiries or
problems, including written correspondence; escalate through proper
channels where appropriate.
- Complete all Learning & Development classes as required,
including annual Learning Management System training.
- Oversee expenses within established budget guidelines (contra,
- Ensure branch appearance meets the Bank's standards including
correct and complete signage; address building maintenance issues
- Participate in, help develop and organize in-branch sales
- Meet individual in-branch sales goals.
- Build and expand customer relationships to maintain deposit
base and grow the branch.
Keywords: Valley Bank, New York , Assistant Branch Mgr, Accounting, Auditing , Ho Ho Kus, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!