Senior Fund Accountant
Company: TRD Advisors LLC
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Our Client, a NYC based PE Real Estate fund manager is looking
for private equity fund accountants to join their growing team.
This role is the type of role that sets up professionals to
eventually become a CFO for a private equity fund manager.
Candidates will be expected to assist in a variety of ways
including oversight of the fund administrator, financial reporting,
investor reporting support, management reporting and management
company accounting. We are looking for candidates with 2 to 7 years
of experience working with or auditing private equity funds, real
estate funds and/or credit funds.
- Work closely with the Fund Administrator(s), Investment and
Operations teams on a daily basis to ensure the accounting books
and records are accurate.
- Monitor investments and analyze their performance.
- Engage directly with the investment and origination
professionals to handle any questions they may have.
- Train and supervise a fund admin team and offshore
- Manage the preparation and approval of the quarterly financial
- Ensure compliance with the Funds' governing documents as well
as GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Coordinate all financial reporting to Limited Partners and
- Research and propose accounting treatment for new or potential
accounting guidance to facilitate discussion and conclusion with
other senior team members.
- Understand concepts within assigned Funds' governing documents
(PPM, LPAs, IMAs, etc.), and be able to articulate and apply them
correctly in carrying out day-to-day management of assigned
- Review capital call and distribution notices, partner capital
statements and quarterly investor letters.
- Work with Investor Reporting team in the distribution of
deliverables and help prepare responses to investor
- Assist in the quarterly review of the Valuation process
relating to assigned Funds' portfolio investments.
- Interact with Tax Team to ensure that all tax information is
- Assist with special projects and internal ad-hoc requests and
undertake broader team and/or office initiatives.
- Degree in Accounting required.
- 2 to 7 years of experience related to alternative investments
in private industry (e.g., hedge fund, private equity, bank,
administrator, etc.) or public accounting.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of Investment Company financial reporting
- Experience with real estate assets, distressed debt, credit
instruments, and/or originated loans - preferred.
- Knowledge or exposure to Investran and/or Virtual Portfolio
Manager ("VPM") or similar portfolio accounting system - a
Keywords: TRD Advisors LLC, New York , Senior Fund Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!