Marketing and Compliance Specialist(NYC HDC)
Location: New York
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Title : Marketing and Compliance Specialist(NYC HDC)
Date Posted : October 13, 2021
Description : The New York City Housing Development Corporation
(HDC) is a public benefit corporation and the nation's largest
municipal Housing Finance Agency. HDC's programs support the
construction and preservation of multi-family affordable housing in
New York City.HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Marketing and
Compliance Specialist Area of Talent:
Compliance/Marketing/Affordable HousingPosition Type: Full
Time/ExemptLocation: NYC/Financial DistrictPosition Summary:The
Marketing and Compliance Specialist reports to the Assistant Vice
President of Marketing and monitors all aspects of the marketing
and ongoing lease-up of HDC financed developments while ensuring
strict adherence to HDC compliance and statutory requirements. Must
be proactive, innovative and detailed-oriented with a broad
understanding of affordable housing. The position ensures the
communication and enforcement of all policies and regulations
throughout HDC's portfolio.Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor affordable housing lotteries for advertised projects,
including lottery logs, to ensure proper processing of
- Review Marketing Plans to ensure initial and long-term
- Field complaints from applicants, elected officials, owners and
agents and provide timely and detailed responses substantiated by
HDC regulatory and programmatic guidelines.
- Perform regular review of HDC portfolio and implementation of
corrective compliance measures as needed.
- Streamline and create systems to ensure ongoing compliance
throughout the HDC portfolio.
- Review applicant files for programmatic eligibility.
- Coordinate and take the lead in HDC Marketing and Compliance
- Establish and maintain relationships with project owners,
managing agents and various government agencies.
- Coordinate with other HDC departments to resolve regulatory
- Prepare and maintain timely, accurate, and updated project
records and compliance reports.
- Conduct offsite audits of housing lotteries, tenant files and
- Review rent rolls and annual owner certification packages to
ensure ongoing programmatic and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and ensure that HDC's website is up to date.Required
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a related
field and relevant affordable housing industry experience.
- A satisfactory combination of experience and/or education that
is equivalent to the above.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement new systems to
streamline existing protocols to maximize productivity and
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Superior organizational, analytic, problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and regulatory agreement
- Thorough understanding of the low-income housing tax credit
(LIHTC) program including LIHTC or comparable
- Microsoft Office: Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power
- Ability to travel by public transportation in all five
- Comprehensive understanding of affordable housing Marketing
Guidelines, Fair Housing and Rent Stabilization
guidelinesInterested applicants may email a cover letter with
salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or fax to the
Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.As of August 2, 2021,
all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless
they have granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or
disability.If you are offered employment, this requirement must be
met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for
exemption is received and approved by HDC.HDC demonstrates a strong
commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is
competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits
including health benefits, retirement savings and career
development programs.HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 253 W. 35 th --Street, 3 rd --Floor, New York,NY 10001
Keywords: NYSAFAH, New York , Marketing and Compliance Specialist(NYC HDC), Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!