Assistant Vice President, Financial Lines Claims
Company: Ascot Group
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This is an opportunity to join Ascot Group - one of the world's
pre-eminent specialty risk assumption organizations. We are a
modern era insurance group operating through an ecosystem of
interconnected global operating platforms and bound by a common
mission and purpose. We utilize every aspect of our global business
as part of a unified system aligned around common underwriting,
product and distribution strategies.
We believe our greatest strength is our talented people, who
flourish within a collaborative, inclusive and entrepreneurial
culture steeped in underwriting excellence, integrity and a passion
to find a better way. This is what we call---The Ascot Way.
Assistant Vice President, Financial Lines Claims Overview:We are
looking for an Assistant Vice President to join our Financial Lines
Claims Department. The Assistant Vice President focuses on
investigating, analyzing and evaluating claims and conducting
reserving analyses in support of multiple business units and
products for Ascot's two U.S. insurance companies and Ethos, an
MGA. The ideal candidate should be a creative problem-solver with a
skill for navigating systems and an eye for detail and accuracy.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Handle initial reporting of claims, including reviewing and
evaluating loss notices and claims-related documents, and entering
of claims information into policy administration software
- Communicate with multiple parties in the distribution chain,
including retail and wholesale brokers, underwriters, insureds and
their counsel as well as domestic and international insurance
companies, in addition to internal claims team.
- Analyze claim submissions and draft coverage correspondence,
appoint and manage defense counsel, circulate internal reports,
establish reserves and negotiate and resolve claims;
- Support multiple lines of business and insurance products
including Management and Professional Liability, Cyber Liability,
Lawyers' Professional Liability, Trade Credit, Representations &
Warranties, and others, throughout the claim life cycle.
- Review claim and policy information and maintain comprehensive
- Compile ad hoc claims reports. Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/J.D. or related field of
- 5-7 years' of relevant experience, including exposure to the
insurance claims process, ideally in P&C insurance.
- The ideal candidate must be willing to work in a fast-paced
environment and be able to effectively prioritize projects and
assignments for multiple internal clients.
- Ascot is looking to hire a self-starter who is capable of
working independently in a team-oriented and collaborative
environment. Must have the initiative and desire to contribute to
multiple projects, some of which may fall outside the scope of a
similar role at a larger company.
- Strong computer and claims system skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation
- Focused eye for detail and accuracy and ability to review and
understand complex contracts and insurance agreements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team in a collaborative
Keywords: Ascot Group, New York , Assistant Vice President, Financial Lines Claims, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!