Payments Processing Officer
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PeerSource is currently recruiting for multiple Payments
Processing Officers on a Direct Hire basis for our client in New
The role is primarily focused on the generation and authorization
of Foreign Exchange trades and related payments, predominantly in
Latin American jurisdictions ensuring that all local regulations
and sanctions are respected. Candidates ideally would understand
and speak Spanish to support Latin American clients, however not a
- Manage the daily cashflow for US dollars, Euro and Sterling
pounds. Manage all Argentina payments from instructions, process,
- Generate all daily reports to ensure figures are calculated
accurately to post on our internal treasury dashboard.
- Liaise with corresponding banks and internal sales to ensure
needs are met.
- Daily settlement of FX currency payments in the Latin American
(LATAM) and Caribbean region.
- Determine if currency requirements are met for LATAM and
Caribbean currency payments, then authorize / release payments over
secure payment networks.
- Oversee the USD settlement to LATAM and Caribbean banks, who
require dollar funding, from our company to purchase local currency
for settlement on a same day or spot basis.
- Examine transactional details and settlement instructions for
corporate and banking clients. Trade financials (correctness of the
currency pair, exchange rate, value date, against the source
documents- Bloomberg, 360T, Reuters, Swift). Trade payment
instructions (correctness of the beneficiary payment details,
including beneficiary name, address, and account number;
beneficiary bank; ordering customer and ordering institution
details; details of payment and sender to receiver information for
currency specific requirements.
- Manage the daily cashflow for LATAM and Caribbean currencies,
ensuring trade positions are aligned with local bank account
nostros. Management of the global cash positions for EMEA based
accounts (EG Euro, Sterling etc).
- Ensure that all FX Confirmations are double checked and sent to
the client on time.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with the business
and with the correspondent banking network.
- Initiate and conclude investigations during daily
- Assist with UAT linked to system enhancements.
- Previous experience within banking, Foreign Exchange, or
- Knowledge of global payment sanctions and regulatory
requirements particularly in LATAM emerging markets.
- Strong analytical skills as the role demands a consistent drive
towards enhancing workflows and controls.
- Strong technical skills and competency in utilizing multiple
payment platforms, including Two Four (trade capture and
authorization process), SWIFT ALLIANCE (MT202, MT103, MT210, MT101,
MT199 messages for payment release), FXecute (checking corporate
customer trade financials and payment instructions).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
especially in Excel where ability to create macros and v-lookups is
- Operational risk awareness - ability to mitigate risk.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English. Any Spanish
speaking skills are highly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail. Ability to prioritize, organize
- Ability to work accurately in a pressurized environment within
- Degree in Finance preferred.
- Some project experience is preferred to enable approved
enhancements to be followed from inception to implementation.
No third parties. H1 sponsorship is not available.PeerSource is a
Denver/Orlando based technology recruiting solutions firm that
truly values strong relationships with the talented professionals
we are fortunate to serve. We pride ourselves to make it about YOU,
and we will seek to understand exactly what your consideration
factors are regarding the kinds of opportunities you are targeting.
We can't wait to show you our difference and put a smile on your
face through exceeding your expectations well beyond the norm. We
offer contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire opportunities
throughout the US and support W2 as well independent consultants
working on a Corp-to-Corp basis. W2 employee benefits with
PeerSource include options for health & dental insurance as well as
a matching retirement plan. Contact us for more details!
Keywords: PeerSource, New York , Payments Processing Officer, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!