Budget/Contract Analyst, Clinical Research
Company: NYU Langone Hospitals
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175
years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of
physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of
medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An
integral part of , the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is
committed to improving the human condition through medical
education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more
information, go to -, and interact with us on -, -, -,, - -and
-.Position Summary:We have an exciting opportunity to join our team
as a Budget/Contract Analyst, Clinical Research (Clinical Research
Ops Specialist). This position will serve as the primary point of
contact for investigators and study teams within an assigned
portfolio for clinical trial budgets.Job Responsibilities:
- Using the internal billing grid/prospective reimbursement
analysis, develops a complete internal budget assuring that all
research procedure, subject, personnel and administrative fees are
accounted for. Applies appropriate inflation and margin rates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reviews study amendments for impact to budget and contract and
initiates those processes when necessary.
- Maintains transparency with study teams as to status of
- Serves as the primary liaison between the
department/investigator and central office on all matters of study
pre-award budget processes.
- Releases the study for activation when central office processes
are complete and budget and contract are final.
- Collaborates with Research finance to load an appropriate
budget into PeopleSoft and create the chart string.
- Enters finalized sponsor invoicing terms are entered into
Clinical Research Management system including appropriate visit
descriptions and payments, invoiced separately procedures, optional
procedures, subject stipend and travel terms and other reimbursable
- Collaborates with sponsored projects staff to ensure final
negotiated budget and billing terms are incorporated into executed
clinical trial agreement.
- Compares completed internal budget against sponsor offer and
negotiates with sponsor until a satisfactory reimbursement schedule
is obtained.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or healthcare related
- Five or more years experience developing and negotiating
- Prior experience in clinical research and/or in research
billing compliance required
- A working understanding of research billing compliance
including National Coverage Determinations (NCCDs) for coverage of
routine costs and the CMS Clinical Research Policy required
- Analytical, mathematical, and accounting skills to produce
accurate data and/or recommendations.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and expertise in the use of
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and
interpersonal) to effectively interpret instructions, convery and
present information and interact with a wide variety of people in a
helpful, effective, and informative manner using tact and
- Prior experience as a study coordinator is highly
- Knowledge of pre-and post-award grant management desired.
- Prior experience with oncology clinical trials desired.
- Action oriented, Functional/technical skills, Interpersonal
skills, Organizational skills, Analytical skills, Time management,
and Written communications.
- Respects diversity.Qualified candidates must be able to
effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU
Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than
just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity
and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender
identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender
status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion,
disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor
which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment
decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you
wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please
. Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit for
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Hospitals, New York , Budget/Contract Analyst, Clinical Research, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!