Company: ARUP Group
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third
annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses
and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging
innovation at all levels. We find solutions for some of the world's
most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we
consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a
more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose
shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable
development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams
focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that
create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
We are currently seeking a Billing Analyst to work in our Toronto
office. Our Billing Analysts' staff are integral members of our
finance teams. It is business imperative that we continue to hire
and develop highly engaged skilled professionals that will provide
consistent billing and financial support for our business and our
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be
limited to the following:
* Effectively communicate with Project Managers and Project
Directors to determine proper costs to invoice for the month
* Prepare client invoices in accordance with company procedures,
client requirements and terms and conditions of the contract.
* Review contracts for each new project and setup all templates and
procedures to administer invoicing for all new projects
* Record invoices into accounting system
* Reconcile and include, as part of project invoices,
sub-consultant billings for fees and reimbursable expenses
* Work with the cash receipts team to reconcile variances that
occur in the application of cash and review/clean-up of unallocated
* Daily monitoring of cash receipts against sub-contractor billing
tracker to release sub-consultant payments under pay-when-paid
* Ensure all monthly activity is complete and accurate in the areas
of customer billings, accounts payable and related postings to the
* Assist project team with follow-up and collection of aging
* Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to
identify and correct quality control issues such as duplicate
billing, data entry errors, set up/system errors, etc.
* Ability to monitor key financial metrics on projects, such as
aging debts, aging WIP and cash flow
* Assist with monthly forecasting of billings and cash
* Special and ad hoc projects as assigned
* 3+ years of relevant experience in billing. Experience in a
professional services firm is preferred.
* Experience with billing large scale major government agency
projects and/or understanding FAR is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree is preferred in Business or related fields.
* Must have a solid knowledge of standard contract terms, including
hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the
* Advanced Excel skills are required (Pivot Tables, VLookups,
sumif, etc.). Must have familiarity with general accounting
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to
* Must be detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and
within a team
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable
benefits program that works for our employees and their families.
These are 100% paid for by Arup expect for optional life insurance.
These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well
as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan
(paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the
success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also
choose to participate in our GRRSP 5% company match to help you
save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Arup requires all new employees
to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity
employer and consistent with federal, state, and local
requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation
based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is
able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a
more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the
wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the
ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your
workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified
candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status
protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due
to a disability, please contact us at
For the fourth consecutive year, Arup has been named one of Greater
Toronto's top employers! Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2021
are recognized for exceptional human resources programs and
forward-thinking workplace policies. Find out more about what makes
our Toronto office an outstanding place to work here:
Keywords: ARUP Group, New York , Billing Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!