Real Estate Investment Associate
Company: Belay Investment Group, LLC
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Belay Investment Group employs a dynamic approach to investing
across diverse real estate asset classes and investment structures.
-This is your opportunity to join a passionate and tight-knit team
of professionals at an established and growing investment manager
in the real estate private equity space. -The Investment Associate
will have direct exposure to Belay's programmatic venture partners,
working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment as part of
the investment team in our entrepreneurial and forward-thinking
culture.The Investment Associate will work closely with other
investment team members to perform financial analysis and
transaction support for real estate investment acquisitions and
asset management as well as underwriting and review of operating
partner platforms. This position will also assist senior staff with
due diligence process management, market research and transaction
-closing tasks.Candidates should have:
- Ability to identify problems, to collect data, to establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated ability to
interpret a variety of information including information in
technical and/or mathematical form and analyze multiple abstract
and concrete variables.
- Ability to independently interface with real estate
professionals, such as brokers, lenders, leasing, property
management and other service providers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant financial modeling and cash flow analysis
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex quantitative
and qualitative information.
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals and return
- Versatile and adept nature to respond to changing tasks and
- High level organizational skills needed to manage multiple
projects simultaneously and appropriately prioritize to completion
within agreed deadlines.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work under tight
- A mindset to view every action and decision in terms of client
impact and to understand and anticipate client needs.
- Strong work ethic and solid time-management skills
- A self-starter enthusiasm with the ability to work
independently or in a team environment -and take initiative and
accountability for their work product.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and
staff including junior employees.
- Proficiency at Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with or interest to learn Argus, Costar and
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor's in business, finance, real estate or similar
- Collaborate with Investment Team members to evaluate and
analyze existing and potential investments or owned properties
including market analysis, economic and demographic trends,
absorption rates, market competition and financial modeling
analysis (Argus and Excel). a) Build and review Excel data
spreadsheets for analysis. b) Review market reports and populate
tables. c) complete sensitivity analysis on potential real estate
- Assist in completing due diligence and underwriting of
potential joint venture partners both qualitatively (management
team, strategy viability, execution capabilities, etc.) and
quantitatively (track record analysis, projected returns breakdown,
sensitivity scenarios, etc.). a) Review, outline and extract key
information from real estate operator pitch books and PPMs,
property asset management reports, project budgets, quarterly and
annual financial reports, and cash flow templates. b) Write
in-depth investment memorandums detailing potential joint venture
and real estate transactions.
- Create and collaborate on documents for internal Investment
Committee meetings and participate in Investment Committee
- Work with operating partners and Investment Team members to
execute and track asset management responsibilities.BENEFITS:Belay
Investment Group offers a competitive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, vacation, sick,
birthday and volunteer time off.ABOUT BELAY INVESTMENT GROUP:Belay
Investment Group, LLC is a majority woman-owned Los Angeles-based
investment management firm that pursues debt and equity investment
opportunities, primarily middle-market infill properties in
urban/suburban transit hub markets, on behalf of its institutional
investors. Belay implements its investment strategies through
long-term relationships with high caliber, local operating partners
and sector specialists. The firm has earned a reputation in the
industry for supporting the growth and development of operators and
emerging managers (including MWBE firms), beyond providing
investment capital. -
Keywords: Belay Investment Group, LLC, New York , Real Estate Investment Associate, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!