Company: Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is a
not-for-profit community development organization and settlement
house serving 11,000 residents a year through a comprehensive array
of housing preservation, economic development, community organizing
and youth and family support services programs and projects. With
community residents leading the way, the mission of Cypress Hills
Local Development Corporation is to build a strong, sustainable
Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve
educational and economic success, secure healthy and affordable
housing and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and
community. We actively promote policies that advance racial
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation has an opening for one
(1) full-time Senior Accountant in the Finance Division at the
Administrative Office. The main goal is to enhance efficiency and
communication between Fiscal and Program staff and between the
Agency and our government funders while overseeing all budgets and
maximizing the use of all funds awarded. In addition, to improving
the flow of data within the Finance Department, while overseeing
all contract and supervising the Business Managers.The Senior
Accountant and Budget and Contract Manager is responsible for
efficient fiscal, contractual, and systems management for all
program budgets under the primary direction of the Finance
Director. This positions responsibilities include, but are not
limited to project budget management, developing, preparing,
updating, and monitoring program budgets. Providing financial
information and analyses to the directors and other staff;
oversight of all expenditure reporting to funders (government and
private). The position reports directly to the CFO to help ensure
fiscally responsible implementation of all programs budgets and
awards. The Senior Accounts/Budget and Contract Manager will work
in close collaboration with program managers as well as the funding
agencies financial staff in order to ensure the accuracy of
expenditures with respect to budget approval and adherence
- Hire, supervise, train, and evaluate Business Managers.
- Support Business Managers with reporting requests by assisting
in the preparation and/or by generating special client/funder
requests of financial reports and information.
- Oversee and prepare monthly, quarterly and contract up-to-date
financial reports, vouchers and other reports as needed for
government, and private funding.
- Review Business Managers reports/vouchers for accuracy and for
adherence to the funding sources guidelines and expectations.
- Plan and coordinate meetings with all Program
Directors/Supervisors on a monthly basis to ensure clarity and
direction on budget spending, adherence to budget guidelines, and
to discuss compliance issues within expenditures on government and
- Maintain a master calendar/tracking system of all reporting
deadlines for contracts and grants and ensure timely submission of
reports, ensuring all contract financial reporting are in
compliance and up-to-date.
- Act as the liaison between Fiscal Department and Program
Directors/Supervisors in the areas of contract cost
- Attend meetings/workshops regarding grants reporting with
funding sources as needed.
- Support month-end and year-end close processing.
- Monitor and manage all program area expenditures in relation to
- Monitor on a monthly basis expenses against revenues for each
project, ensuring income receivable is accrued timely.
- Analyze and communicate Program budget variance to the
Controller, CFO, Deputy Director and Program Directors
- Work with Programs to maximize administrative overhead and cost
savings in all contracts.
- Review monthly project detail reports, identify errors,
implement corrections for miscoding and suggest ways to improve
- In consultation with the Controller, oversee the contract
closeout process of Business Managers.
- Oversee the preparation, analysis, and distribution of monthly
and quarterly budget vs. actual expense reports, ensuring these are
shared with Program Directors and Division Directors on a monthly
- Monitor the posting of Accounts Receivable entries based on
accrual basis of accounting.
- Responsible to flag and follow up on any outstanding
receivables older than 30 days including receivables due from
- Deposit of paper checks received via automatic check scanner or
bank branch if necessary
- Responsible for the recording of all forms of bank deposits
(EFT, checks, and cash) and maintaining the corresponding accounts
- Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community
building, and community organizing as strategies for social
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Over 5 years experience in Grant Reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organized, and
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills to work
and interact effectively with a diverse community of
- Commitment to youth development perspective.
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Willingness, ability, and sensitivity required to work with
people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Participates in agencys committees/events.
Work Environment:This position works in an office setting during
the workday. This role routinely uses standard equipment such as
computers, cellphones, photocopiers, and standard equipment such as
scissors and tape dispensers.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands
and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is
occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee
must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional local travel is expected for this position.
- Reports directly to the CFO.
- $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 annually, dependent upon experience. We
offer a very competitive benefits package.
Work Schedule is Monday - Friday between from 9:00am and 5:00
- Please forward cover letter, resume, and three (3) references
to Gaudi Polanco-Mendoza, Chief Finance Officer at:
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO
WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in
hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state, or local law. We promote recognition and respect
for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant
working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and
commensurate with experience.
Keywords: Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation Inc, New York , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!