Senior Cyber Security & Information Risk Engineer
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: New York
Posted on: March 20, 2023
SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. is a market maker for swaps, including interest rate, currency and commodity swaps and related derivative products, headquartered in New York as a wholly owned subsidiary of SMBC. SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. was provisionally registered as a swap dealer with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on December 31, 2012. Our business works in close collaboration with SMBC Nikko Capital Markets, Capital Markets Limited in the UK, and SMBC Capital Markets Asia, Ltd in Hong Kong to provide global coverage to SMBC's corporate, institutional, and project clients. Capital Markets maintains its own middle and back-office functions, including Risk Management, Compliance, Systems, Finance, and Operations.
The Senior Cyber Security & Information Risk Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that Information Security systems are configured, deployed, and maintained in accordance with SMBC's polices and standards. This position requires participation in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation for Cyber Security and Information Risk management.
This role is part of a team responsible for administering security projects designed to safeguard Capital Market's information systems. The Senior Engineer focuses on implementing and engineering information security solutions using industry's best practices, defining and documenting projects, creating and executing project plans, engaging in project cost management, resource management and performing periodic reporting. This position requires participation in technical research and development to enable continuous innovation for Cyber Security and Information Risk department. Acts as a subject matter expert who uses expertise to resolve complex problems in consideration of established policies, guidelines or processes. Reports to Head of Cyber Security of Capital Markets with reporting lines into the regional CISO of Americas Division as well Capital Markets' CIO.
- - - - - - - - - Works with and / or leads internal implementation teams and internal business organizations to define, document, and present project requirements.
- - - - - - - - - Coordinates with project team the implementation, upgrade and maintenance of security solutions.
- - - - - - - - - Throughout project lifecycle, tracks and manages project progress against plan schedules, budgets, technical needs, resource requirements, capacity plans and the goals of the business
- - - - - - - - - Creates, maintains and executes required test case scenarios and use cases to verify requirements
- - - - - - - - - Mentor junior team members and inspire them to take on challenging tasks within the department.
- - - - - - - - - Monitors data quality and assists in the collection of data for Risk Management and internal auditors.
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, New York , Senior Cyber Security & Information Risk Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
here to apply!