2023 - Summer - Tax Associate - SALT
Location: New York
Posted on: March 20, 2023
At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in
various industries. They develop strong working relationships with
clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges.
Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including
several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part.
Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our
associates perform at their best and integrate their career with
their personal life.----EXAMPLES OF THE CANDIDATE'S RESPONSIBILITY
- Integrating state and local tax services with existing
- Completing tax planning and research tasks--
- Developing an understanding of state and local tax regulations
and accounting pronouncements-------
- Reviewing client's current tax processes to identify
inefficiencies and provide enhancements to improve the clients'
procedures and reduce tax exposure--
- Working with the client's information technology personnel to
obtain data of historical purchasing and sales to analyze for
reporting requirements, audit procedures, and review for potential
refund or credits-------
- Assisting the client with evaluating sales/use tax software
systems that meet their compliance needs and support the
implementation process--BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited
- Accounting major----
- Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have
access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of
transportation to those locations--
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred----
- Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the
state where you are applying for employment-------PREFERRED
- Working toward the successful completion of the CPA exam - tax
associates have the opportunity to obtain the audit hours required
for full certification----
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-------
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft
- Ability to work effectively on a team----
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced
environment-----The firm offers a competitive benefits package,
base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles
based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines.
Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted
below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on
role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional
information on RSM's total rewards, visit our website at
accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires
will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully
vaccinated for COVID-19. If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must
qualify for an accommodation to this vaccination requirement or
participate in testing. If you are located in New York, pursuant to
current applicable law, you will be required to be vaccinated to
enter the New York office and testing is not an option to enter the
New York office. You want your next step to be the right one.
You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready
to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great
things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual,
mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your
accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key
decision makers and business owners across various industries and
geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our
clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.Experience RSM US.
Experience the power of being understood.RSM is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: RSM, New York , 2023 - Summer - Tax Associate - SALT, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...