Company: THE INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY HEALTH
Location: New York
Posted on: May 28, 2023
WIC Sites #1 - New York, NY
4 Year Degree
$38.46 - $43.00 Hourly
Nonprofit - Social Services
Under the supervision of the Vice President for Psychosocial
Services manages and administers the nutritional, fiscal reporting,
operational expense budget and public health components of the WIC
Program. This is a professional position with supervisory
responsibility of both professional and clerical staff.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the
WIC Program, while encouraging the integration of WIC services
within the Institute for Family Health to facilitate comprehensive
health care for community recipients.
- Monitors and maintains internal controls relating to program
expansion and growth.
- Coordinates the Nutrition Education, Financial, Breastfeeding
and Outreach components of the WIC Program.
- Ensures that all program components are in compliance with
Federal, New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), WIC Program
and The Institute for Family Health Policies and Procedures.
- Acts as liaison with NYS WIC Program, community groups and
other health providers as well as legislative representatives.
- Represents the WIC Program at various Institute for Family
Health, community and NYSDOH meetings, such as, but not limited to,
NYSDOH planning and implementation committees regarding to WIC
- Prepares state audit requests and submits all associated
reports relating to program services and operations to NYSDOH
- Develops, conducts, reviews and submits the annual Local Agency
Compliance and Self Assessment (LACASA) Plan to NYSDOH.
- Plans, prepares, reviews, and submits the program's annual
budget in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Works closely with Institute for Family Health Finance Staff in
managing and monitoring the program's administrative
- Monitors, reviews and adjust as necessary weekly payroll for
- Conducts long term planning and budgeting for the WIC
- Plans and initiates specialty services to enhance service
delivery and develop community linkages.
- Oversees and develops annual program and recruiting strategies
for achieving assigned caseload.
- Monitors and manages WIC Program caseload to ensure sustained
achievement of assigned caseload.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of services and develops
appropriate policies and procedures to achieve effective
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nutrition education activities
provided to all participants enrolled in Institute for Family
Health WIC Program.
- Interviews, hires and terminates WIC staff as necessary.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for WIC personnel.
- Encourages professional development of all WIC Program
- Develops, conducts and implements a schedule of staff
in-service trainings/meetings and maintains a training log.
- Ensures staff is adequately trained in breastfeeding
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices
necessary to establish positive employee relationships and promotes
a high level of employee morale.
- Provides guidance and strong leadership to staff ensuring that
the Institute for Family Health values are upheld.
- Assists patients in solving particular problems and refers the
patient to the Nutritionist, Site Supervising Nutritionist, the WIC
Coordinator or the Practice Administrator if it cannot be handled
to the patient's satisfaction.
- Master's Degree in Nutrition or related field
- Registered Dietitian or RD eligible
- Five to eight years of experience in the management of
- Strong supervisory communication, leadership and
- Five to eight years of experience in financial management
Keywords: THE INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY HEALTH, New York , PROGRAM DIRECTOR, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...