Vice President, Corporate Tax I
Company: Bank of New York Mellon
Location: New York
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Works with senior management to ensure that the appropriate
corporate tax policies, methods, standards, processes, reporting,
and training are developed, applied, and understood by impacted
stakeholders. Extensive knowledge of corporate tax processes and
in-depth knowledge of tax operation requirements within a
particular business/business partner area.
- Work with Corporate Tax, Technology, and external accounting
firms to gather facts and develop strategies to ensure compliance
with Tax Information Reporting and Withholding (IRW)
- Learn and "own" an internal Tax Form validation application
(Forms W-8 and W-9). This includes testing the system,
understanding the validation rules in the application, performing
data clean-up, and generating reports.
- Perform data analysis within the internal Tax Form validation
application to identify trends, system breaks/bugs, and to generate
- Assist with the build out and client roll-out of a
client-facing W-8/W-9 Tax Portal.
- Develop detailed project plans which includes defining
milestones/tasks, project timelines and resource management.
Monitors project results for significant deviations.
- Provide project management support such as setting up calls,
circulating meeting minutes, following through on action items, and
maintaining project decks for stakeholder calls.
- Draft business requirement documents, define scope, and develop
user stories for system developments and enhancements.
- Work with Technology to clarify specifications and ensure
timely execution of all deliverables.
- Assist with the creation of detailed UAT test plans and execute
- Support the defect management process by testing, consolidating
findings, and scheduling calls with various technology teams to
review defect logs.
Responsibilities are primarily specialized to address the corporate
tax needs for major tax IRW strategic initiatives.
- Tax Technology and implementing large strategic firmwide
- Experience documenting technical requirements/stories in JIRA
and cross referencing them back to the Business Requirement
- Managing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
across different lines of business and functional areas
- Ability to interact effectively with senior stakeholders across
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JIRA and Visio
- Developing test scripts, test case execution (for SIT, QA, &
UAT) and defect management
Preferred qualifications include experience/familiarity with:
- Tax Information Reporting and Withholding (e.g., 1446f, FATCA,
NRA, BUW, 8966 Reporting)
- IRS Tax forms, due diligence, and various tax onboarding,
withholding, and reporting requirements
- Tax operating model transformation, including process
- Automation (e.g., including robotics, artificial intelligence,
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or
- Experience with PowerBI, Power Query, UIPath,
- Experience with US Tax Form Validation (W-8s/W-9s)
Bachelor s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and
experience is required. 5-7 years of total work experience in tax
compliance and/or project management preferred. No direct
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive
compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this
position is expected to be between $64,000 and $143,000 per year at
the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will
be determined on an individualized basis, including as to
experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total
compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also
include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and
long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to
modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or
compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to
individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or
individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the
forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while
supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY
Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to
create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure
investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's
financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most
trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their
mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial
assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for
institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count
on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries
and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative
thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a
commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With
Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best
global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the
diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve -
and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing
and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly,
inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Keywords: Bank of New York Mellon, New York , Vice President, Corporate Tax I, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!