Veterans Preferred - Client Accounting Associate
Location: New York
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - WPP is the creative
transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build
better futures for our people, planet, clients, and
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than
109,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. WPP has headquarters
in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major
We create transformative ideas and outcomes for our clients through
an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and
WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's
biggest companies and organisations - from Ford, Unilever and
P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the
FTSE 100, 317 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30
and 62 of the NASDAQ 100. WPP are the leader in the Bloomberg
Gender Equality Index and 8th in the FTSE 100 rankings for Women on
What you'll be doing:
In this position, the Client Accounting Associate will assume the
- Project and subproject creation assigning budgets to the
- Upload invoices to client portals. For example, COUPA, Ariba
and Time Metrics.
- Review the inventory of client billable charges, supporting
work with the Account Lead to determine the appropriate month's
- Draft, edit and finalize invoices for clients, working closely
with Account Leads
- Maintain trackers for overall accounts including amount billed,
approved budgets, inter-company budget allocations and year to date
fees and expenses.
- Match supporting documentation of expenses to draft
- Ensure that invoices are submitted in a timely manner and in
accordance with the Client agreements.
- Ensure purchase orders are received for new projects or revised
- Assist in the collection process of past due accounts as
- Assist Project Managers/Client leaders on client queries and
- Reconcile final invoices and close jobs.
- Provide support to Client leaders on adhoc assignments.
- Assist with monthly close related to client portfolio, project
journals and other duties including SOX compliance with revenue
- Reconcile work in progress for assigned clients.
- Monthly intercompany billing.
What you'll need:
Client Accounting Associate may have a BBA in Accounting, Finance
or Business Management with at least two years' work experience
billing in the fields of public relations, law firms or other
professional services and/or consulting businesses. In the absence
of a college degree, additional years of experience will be
considered for the right candidate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with various project leads
and other office finance departments on intercompany
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Familiarity with computerized billing/accounting systems.
- Strong Math/Analytical skills.
- Dependable with deadlines and flexible to work beyond standard
working hours during "peak" periods.
- Must be flexible and team oriented.
- Proficiency in Excel (V-Lookup, Pivot Table etc.)
Who you are:
You're open : We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the
free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We
are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of
You're optimistic : We believe in the power of creativity,
technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our
clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with
conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: We are stronger together: through
collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and
pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people - We promote a culture of people that
do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity - We offer the opportunity to create,
influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in
Challenging and stimulating work - Unique work and the opportunity
to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the
The base salary range for this position at the time of this posting
is indicated below. Individual compensation varies based on
job-related factors, including location, business needs, level of
responsibility, experience, and qualifications. We offer a
competitive benefits package, go to
https://wpp.mobi/WPP-US-BENEFITS for more details.
$40,000 - $85,000 USD
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for
all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status,
military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation,
gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in
creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and
inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to
help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we
process the information you provide.
Keywords: WPP, New York , Veterans Preferred - Client Accounting Associate, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!