Accounting Manager - HMS Ferries
Company: Hornblower - City Experiences
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Salary Range $100,000 - $115,000
City Experiences is seeking a Accounting Manager for our HMS
operation in Brooklyn, NY.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day accounting
activities of Ferry and Transportation Services companies including
supervising and mentoring accounting staff, weekly accounts payable
vendor payment selections, billing and accounts receivable, balance
sheet reconciliations, P/L account analysis, month-end closings,
banking and financial reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting functions including billing, AR, AP, and
general accounting including recording payroll and benefits.
- Prepare selected balance sheet reconciliations, account
analysis, and review reconciliations and analysis performed by
- Perform month-end closing by managing and reviewing progress of
staff and assisting with completion of work as needed.
- Review general ledger for proper recording and classification
of transactions. Prepare and record accruals.
- Review bank transactions and approve electronic payments and
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and
procedures including a strong system of internal controls.
- Assist Corporate Accounting team with general ledger
maintenance and subsystem improvements.
- Assist management team with Ferry contract reporting and
- Prepare financial statements and documentation for financial
- Advise Supervisor or Human Resources regarding any changes of
name, address or work status as it affects your compensation,
benefits or employment.
- Accurately complete all documentation including payroll and
time sheets on a timely basis.
- Know and understand internal policy and external regulatory
requirements that relate to your position and department.
- Working weekends and holidays may be required.
- Other Duties as assigned. Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5 or more years Accounting Manager experience preferred.
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and
an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet firm deadlines.
- Proficiency working with enterprise general ledger system and
Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plais accounting software a plus.
- Ability to ensure accuracy in job responsibilities.
- Ability to properly organize and prioritize tasks.
- Honest, dependable, punctual, and hardworking. About Us:
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
The Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical
disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics
prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those
with past arrest or conviction records to apply. The Company
participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records to apply.PandoLogic. Keywords: Chief Accountant, Location:
Brooklyn, NY - 11225
Keywords: Hornblower - City Experiences, New York , Accounting Manager - HMS Ferries, Accounting, Auditing , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!