TTS Head of Financial Crime Risk and Compliance - Managing Director - NYC -
Location: New York
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Purpose:The TTS Financial Crime Risk and Compliance Head is
an expert in AML/ Sanctions and is responsible for leading the
overall TTS In Business Financial Crime risk management and
governance and Compliance for the Treasury and Trade Solutions
(TTS) business (1st Line) globally. - The role represents the
business in franchise-wide AML and Sanctions risk mitigation and
compliance programs and will also help drive evolution and
transformation. - This leader drives and helps shape the strategy
for managing the AML and Sanctions risks in the TTS business and
across TTS client sets, in partnership with the In Business Risk
team and the TTS ExCo. This role is also responsible for
proactively contributing to the overall In-Business Risk (IBR)
strategy. -The role promotes effective and proactive compliance and
risk management with a particular focus on AML and Sanctions risk.
- The individual in this role works in close partnership with all
TTS Product teams, Regional Teams, Sales, O&T and Functions,
along with 2nd line of defence partners, including Compliance (ICRM
and ACRM), Legal, and Risk teams and Internal Audit (3rd line) both
regionally and globally. -The AML and Sanctions Risk / Compliance
Head plays a key role in the development of new products and
enhancing existing ones by providing guidance and on-going support
to product teams to ensure appropriate and effective financial
crimes risk controls are introduced and maintained. - The AML and
Sanctions Risk and Compliance Head participates in AML/Sanctions
Policy developments and will coordinate the assessment and
implementation of any relevant regulatory changes.Key
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities:Act as the first point of
contact for all AML and Sanctions related matters and escalations
within TTS globally.
- Drive a culture of ownership and set "tone from the top" for
complying with all applicable AML, Sanctions and Anti Bribery laws
- Oversight and leadership of overall and all underlying
components of the AML Program for TTS, including KYC, AML
transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, 3rd party Op's payment
controls, Anti-Bribery approvals and other regulatory
- Identify significant AML, Sanctions and Anti Bribery risks and
escalate to Senior Business/Governance Forums.
- Develop and execute initiatives to remediate significant
exposures and control gaps.
- Drive efforts to ensure commitments made to regulators are met
and act as the first point of contact on regulatory matters related
to TTS AML, Sanctions and Anti Bribery.
- Chair the TTS Financial Crimes risk governance meetings,
including TTS AML/Sanctions/Anti-Bribery Oversight Committee and
TTS Sanctions/Anti bribery Working Group meetings.
- Support Product teams and Compliance to assess AML and
Sanctions risk for new and enhanced products and innovative
solutions, including eCommerce initiatives and deals, based on
globally approved guidelines, through early engagement in order to
ensure full adherence to the New Product Approval Control
- Provide business oversight to the TTS AML monitoring program;
work with Compliance to develop an appropriate AML monitoring
framework for key high-risk programs.
- Acting as Delegated Oversight (DO) for the Head of TTS,
overseeing the Business Sanctions Risk Officers globally, conduct
reviews of Sanctions processes and procedures across all product
lines to ensure policy requirements are being met in a consistent
manner and documented appropriately, including assistance with
documenting Sanctions Risk Assessments (SPRAs).
- Utilize Citi's risk management tools for the measurement,
monitoring and management of exposure including acting within Risk
- Analyse control environment, vet new systems, processes,
policies and procedures associated with AML, Sanctions and Anti
Bribery and drive TTS to be best in class.
- Represent the TTS business and provide subject matter expertise
at various global and regional committees and working groups
- Manage staff across multiple geographies and time zones
- Utilize knowledge and experience to guide technology decisions
in line with sanctions requirements against large volume/scale.Lead
and manage a team of AML/ Sanctions/ AML In Business Risk
specialists across the TTS footprint globally. - This team's
- Assessing the impact of proposed changes to AML and Sanctions
policies/ procedures/ guidelines and work with AML and Product
Compliance to ensure the business operates in line with regulatory
- Engage as Subject Matter Experts for financial crimes risk on
new product feature/ functionality build, client issues, and
potential crisis situations requiring AML/ Sanctions/ ABC In
Business Risk input.
- Support or lead significant AML and Sanctions initiatives for
TTS & produce milestone reports for senior management.
- Maintain, track and update AML/Sanctions CAPs/SIRs as
applicable preparing update reports for TTS Risk Committees as
- Support the TTS business in AML-related internal or external
reviews, including managing exam preparation and deliverables.
- Represent the TTS business and provide AML and Sanctions
subject matter expertise at various global and regional committees
and working groups.
- Provide regional TTS oversight of regional AML Monitoring, KYC
and Sanctions utilities.
- Drive communication plans to ensure awareness of changes in the
AML and Sanctions policies/requirements by TTS Product and country
- Coordinate and deliver targeted AML and Sanctions training when
- Identify opportunities for streamlining processes and implement
efficiencies that will ultimately lead to enhanced client
experience.Development Value: Participate in helping to drive safe
growth of a global, dynamic and innovative business - engaging from
strategic approach through execution. -Lead AML and Sanctions Risk
initiatives in a truly global environment - across all regions. -
Utilize and enhance subject matter expertise in new and emerging
AML and Sanctions topics in Transaction Banking services. - Apply
strategic thinking and shape the overall In-Business Risk strategy
of a growing business in the globally, particularly with respect to
Digital and Instant PaymentsKnowledge/Experience:
- 10+ years working in a leadership capacity specifically in
financial crimes risk management or related intelligence/law
- Global mindset and proven record of leadership experience in
managing complex processes or large projects
- Experience in the Transaction Banking is an advantage. Solid
understanding of TTS products and market developments.
- The ability to effectively manage and navigate through
multi-faceted disciplines throughout the
organization.Qualifications and Competencies
- A senior risk professional with Juris Doctorate (JD) degree or
equivalent graduate level education and a strong AML, Sanctions and
Anti Bribery risk background and experience with the control
framework necessary to mitigate these risks
- CAMS (Certified -Anti-Money Laundering Specialist)
- Experience dealing effectively with external parties (e.g.,
Regulators), senior governance forums as well as second- and
third-line control functions
- Strong controls mindset; identifying and mitigating risks,
communicating and escalating concerns
- Strong influence management, strategic and analytical
- Demonstrable people, project and change management skills
- Ability to communicate simply, clearly and concisely both
verbally and in writing, adjusting style to suit the audience
- Ability to assess and critically challenge information and
processes, delivering appropriate outcomes
- Competence leading dynamic, challenging environments while
providing creative solutions
- Ability to collaborate across businesses, regions and control
functionsSkills & Competencies:
- Strategic thinker with excellent organizational, planning, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to
communicate clearly and concisely in all aspects of the job and
with multiple audiences in mind.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to build
effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving ability to assess complex processes and deliver
- Analytical: ability to accurately analyse data and produce
insightful information and reports.
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with
Transaction Banking products, EU/US regulatory regime and related
Compliance/ risk management/ regulatory experience.Valuing
Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses
differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational
success.Citi is an Equal Opportunities
Family Group: Risk
Family:Business Risk &
Location:New York New York United
Location Salary Range:$250,000.00 -
is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
Keywords: Citi, New York , TTS Head of Financial Crime Risk and Compliance - Managing Director - NYC - , Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!