We are seeking an experienced Auditor with 5+ years experience
for an opening with one of our clients in public accounting.
1) Ability to work in excel, QuickBooks and adobe.
2)Testing AR balances and related allowance
3)Fixed asset additions and calculation book & tax depreciation-
will also include testing R&M for completeness of FA
capitalization. Requires an understanding of qualifications for
4)Testing and most likely preparing an analysis of investments
which would include tracking cost basis marking to market
calculating unrealized and realized losses.
5)Testing inventory valuation.
6) Testing and in many cases preparing a prepaid insurance &
prepaid expense schedule.
7) Calculating SL rent and adjusting related deferred rent income
8)Calculating capital lease adjustment for equipment leases which
qualify. Must understand the requirements to capitalize equipment
9) Testing notes payable and related interest expense. For new
loans must understand the requirements to capitalize closing cost
and be able to read & understand the loan agreement and identify
10)Perform a search for unrecorded liabilities.
11)Analyzing payroll expense and test to 3rd party reports provided
by payroll company or to year end W-2.
12) testing legal fee expense to determine if there are any
possible outstanding lawsuits.
13)Performing analytical tests of revenue & expense accounts and
quantifying variances based upon discussions with management.
14) Must have the ability to follow client GL account transactions
in GL. Many of our client require that we make adjusting journal
entries to correct client posting of transactions.