Associate Director, Federal Tax
Location: New York
Posted on: December 7, 2017
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom---s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill---s Science Diet, Hill---s Prescription Diet and Hill---s Ideal Balance.
For more information about Colgate---s global business, visit the Company---s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures-- oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill---s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom---s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Location: New York, New York, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
This role encompasses all aspects of federal tax with primary focus on tax accounting and compliance. The individual would work with finance and lead the Federal tax team to ensure seamless, timely, efficient, and accurate tax reporting and compliance. The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of tax reporting under ASC 740 as well as U.S. tax compliance experience including consolidations.
- Review and/or prepare tax accounting for the U.S. consolidated group, which includes U.S. domestic entities, Controlled foreign corporations (CFCs), and foreign branches.
- Review, analyze and document complex transactions recorded in tax balance sheet accounts
- Perform balance sheet test for deferred tax asset and liabilities
- Review annual tax footnote disclosure in accordance with SEC filing requirements
- Liaise with external auditors and lead Federal tax team to explain and support tax provision and transactions in tax balance sheet
- Perform research under ASC 740 and effectively document and communicate conclusions
Federal Tax Compliance
- Review and/or prepare quarterly estimates, tax return calculations and tax forms for select domestic entities
- Consolidate U.S. cash tax expense for estimates and tax return and lead federal tax team to analyze return to provision differences and explain significant variances
- Review consolidated tax return filing for intercompany eliminations, proper form presentation and disclosures
- Perform research, analysis, and planning on federal tax issues and make recommendation regarding application of tax laws to the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, finance, or related field required
- Master---s in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- Minimum 10--years of experience--in tax accounting and tax compliance required
- Minimum of 4 years of Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- CPA license, preferred
- In-depth knowledge of tax reporting under ASC 740
- Ability to identify tax issues and conduct research
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate leadership experience in effectively managing people, working with teams on cross-functional projects and multitasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate proficient use of tax software and have good excel skills
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually as needed
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Colgate-Palmolive, New York, Associate Director, Federal Tax, Accounting, Auditing, New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!