Company: Cater to You Food Services
Location: New York
Posted on: February 15, 2018
Job DescriptionCater To You Food Service has a great work/life balance Specializing in providing our 20 private schools with fresh, quality, healthy meals for 30 years, Cater to You is seeking a Senior Accountant for our corporate office. We offer a great work environment, competitive salaries, a full benefits package, generous time off and an opportunity for advancement. If you are seeking an exciting career in food service and have a go-getter attitude, eye for detail, a pleasant demeanor, and a good work ethic, we would love to hear from you. Together we achieve Excellence Cater To You, Inc. located in NoHo Manhattan has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Accountant in our Accounting Department. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for recording daily transactions, the financial month end close process, banking and sales reconciliations, and financial reporting. We care about each other and foster a positive, respectful and diverse team The ideal candidate should possess 10-15 years of progressive financial and accounting experience. Multi-unit experience preferred. In addition, a strong candidate will be an expert Quickbooks user and has a track record of implementing accounting and operational control systems. We live by our values and are disciplined about staying true to them Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting activities, including: journal entries, revenue/cost/expense recognition, and reconciliation
- Prepare month-end P&L and Balance Sheet for multiple units
- Work with various department to ensure monthly financial statements are accurate and timely
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Provide analysis on financials for multiple units (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Assist with preparing annual budgets and forecasts and budget-to actual reports
- Prepare and file sales tax
- Review and prepare clients bills and manage AR
- Daily cash flow management
- Review payroll for accuracy
- Assist in Ad Hoc task as needed Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10-15 years of progressive financial and accounting experience. Multi-unit experience preferred.
- High level of organization skills with an attention to detail, follow through and deadlines.
- Ability to think logically, make decisions and solve problems; must be able to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity.
- Communicate in a clear, friendly, professional and proactive manner
- Ability to produce quality correspondence, spreadsheets, reports and presentations
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel and Word, QuickBooks Entrerprise and ADP is a must.
- Experience working with multi-units in the Hospitality/Food Service Sector would be a plus. Company DescriptionOUR PHILOSOPHYWe believe in providing consistent, quality food services focused on the customer. We know from our 30 years of experience that service and quality are critical for success in the hospitality industry. It's what our customers demand in every facility we operate. And it's exactly what we deliver. For us, quality begins with a commitment to provide school meals that are local, sustainable, traceable, and as seasonal as possible, natural and free of antibiotics and hormones. We are committed to using local resources are not just from farms, but also from our schools and our communities - whether that means buying fresh bread from a favorite, bakery around the corner or exploring new partnerships.We are also committed to education. Through our What's on Your Plate? program, we help students understand the nutritional, seasonal, economic and environmental impact of the foods they choose to eat. The more we all know, the better it is for our children, our communities and our planet.
Keywords: Cater to You Food Services, New York, Sr. Accountant, Accounting, Auditing, New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!