Posted on: March 26, 2019
Do you have at least 3 years of public accounting and/or financial
reporting experience? Do you want to work for a company that has
one of the most recognized and sought-after brands for adult
tobacco consumers? If so, we want to speak with you about the
Senior Accountant opportunity at our headquarters in Englewood, NJ.
What will you be doing?
- You will do ledger entries and reconcile accounts.
- You will prepare Internal Financial Documents and associated
- You'll prepare, submitting and validating the Parent Company
Financial Package which includes cash flow.
- You'll participate in the financial review and explanation of
- You'll be responsible for general ledger input and analysis,
monitoring reserve accounts, along with researching and reconciling
- You will audit and verify documents and follow internal
- You'll do financial and profitability analysis on a requested
- You will be accountable for Government Reporting. What does
your experience, background and skills look like?
- You possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or
- If you have a MBA or CPA certification, it is a plus
- You have 3+ years public accounting or extensive financial
reporting equivalent experience
- We prefer that you have experience with SAP, HFM, or Sage
- You are proficient with MS Office, especially Excel.
- You have strong communication and organizational skills.
- You are detailed oriented with an excellent ability to analyze
data and circumstances
- You're able to perform multiple tasks at a time, and work
effectively in a team environment
- You are able to working independently, thinking critically and,
where observed, offering improvement suggestions to the
organization's processes Nat Sherman offers a comprehensive
benefits package; including highly subsidized health insurance,
paid life insurance, LTD, STD, voluntary dental and vision care, 20
paid PTO days (prorated if part-time or if not starting January
1st; inclusive of vacation, sick and personal days), 401(k), 10
paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, prorated to 1 if starting after
June 30th. We are part of the Altria family of companies. Altria is
a Fortune 200 company, proud to call Richmond, Virginia our home.
Our companies - which have been the undisputed market leaders in
the U.S. tobacco industry for decades - include some of the most
enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, the maker
of Marlboro cigarettes, and U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, the
maker of Copenhagen and Skoal. We also own John Middleton,
manufacturer of Black & Mild cigars, and Nat Sherman, a
super-premium cigarette and cigar business. We complement our total
tobacco platform with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, a collection of
distinctive wine estates and maker of Chateau Ste. Michelle, and
our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev - the
world's largest brewer. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity
employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other
Keywords: Altria, New York , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Englewood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!