Compliance Regulatory and Exam Management Officer
Location: East Rockaway
Posted on: October 23, 2019
Serves as a compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk
Management (ICRM)'s Exam Management and Regulatory Liaison Office
responsible for the promotion, support, monitoring and reporting on
Citi's interactions with its regulators, including queries arising
in the normal course of business outside of specific examinations,
and managing supervisory examinations, globally.
- Participating in the execution of internal strategies,
policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations
of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk
management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's
risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with
the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner
to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and
customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program
- Coordinating interactions with regulators, including but not
limited to: assisting in providing oversight for supervisory
examinations and being a central contact for regulators;
coordinating and managing events related to examinations and
continuous monitoring, including working with businesses and
functions in negotiating scope and timing of reviews, monitoring
requested data aggregation and coordinating and attending
regulatory meetings with control functions and business unit
personnel; and collaborating with Business Heads to provide
guidance on regulatory matters and continually enhancing the
framework to identify, assess, control, and monitor regulatory
- Providing regular updates to management (including preparing
business personnel for meetings with regulators) regarding the
matters being handled, including, but not limited to, collection,
tracking and resolution of queries, review with the area under
examination the materials requested to ensure completeness and
responsiveness of submissions, and the timely escalation and
resolution of potential issues.
- Communicating extensively (orally and in writing) and
developing effective relationships with regulators.
- Establishing and developing effective relationships within
Citigroup senior management, front line, second line (including
independent risk, finance, HR, and Legal), Internal Audit to obtain
information / documentation to respond to regulatory requests
proactively and on time with quality.
- Analyzing, digesting and summarizing information/documentation
responsive to regulatory requests.
- Identifying mitigating facts and circumstances (as applicable)
to respond to potential issues identified during the examination,
pre-exam sessions and post exam sessions.
- Monitoring the full lifecycle of identified regulatory issues
ensuring that concerns are communicated, assigned responsibility,
and tracked to resolution.
- Maintaining the centralized repository where documents are
stored and previous regulatory and supervisory findings, reports
and similar documents.
- Stewarding the drafting of the firm's Response Letters and
coordinating involvement of relevant internal stakeholders such as
Technology and Internal Audit on the development of Corrective
Action Plans and associated target dates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency. Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Compliance rules, regulations, risks and
- Experience with or previous exposure to internal control
functions and regulators within the region, and in particular
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work
collaboratively and with people at all levels of the
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal
communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability
to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and
capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word,
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus Education:
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other
control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory
organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof;
experience in area of
Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions -
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries
("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for
career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and
need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.To view the "EEO is the
Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Keywords: Citi, New York , Compliance Regulatory and Exam Management Officer, Accounting, Auditing , East Rockaway, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!