IT Audit Manager - Global Functions Technology (Compliance & AML)
Location: East Rockaway
Posted on: October 23, 2019
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals
covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and
customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division
provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk
management and internal control environment for key stakeholders
including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's
numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent
within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup
worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making
around the globe.This role directs the timely delivery of high
quality value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of
business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of
Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective
regulators, globally. The Global Functions Technology team provides
technology coverage within Finance and Corporate Functions,
including Tax, Human Resources, Payroll, Procurement, Payables,
Risk Management, Treasury, Compliance and AML.The position will
have responsibility for executing application systems audits and
providing applications coverage for Global Functions Technology
product audits.Key Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable
entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit
standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and
Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and
Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch
examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line,
function, or legal entity at the regional or country level
including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the
corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a
leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit,
including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit
professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective
teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive
understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and
local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of
high risk areas including: Consumer or Investment Banking,
technology management; project/program management; regulatory
compliance or supplier management.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has
a strong understanding of the businesses. -
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of
business and support units throughout the corporation and how they
impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a
wide range of internal audiences including respective product,
function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate
internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a
major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and
sensitivity to cultural diversity. -
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills,
makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive
thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and
recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively
advises and assists the business on change initiatives. -
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments
and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as
identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit
control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate
interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic
solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Senior Vice
Presidents, Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches
for addressing broader corporate emerging issues. -
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Supports the Quarterly Business Monitoring
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CAMS, CPA, ACA,
CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in
business, functional and people management, with proven abilities
in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio
of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology
application control disciplines and a solid business understanding
of financial services products, especially those associated with
the banking and capital markets businesses.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing
integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining
independent views. - This individual must be an articulate and
effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an
energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of
internal and external audit and
:All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions
- US------------------------------------------------------Time Type
:------------------------------------------------------Citi is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries
("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for
career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and
need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.To view the "EEO is the
Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Keywords: Citi, New York , IT Audit Manager - Global Functions Technology (Compliance & AML), Accounting, Auditing , East Rockaway, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!