Hospitality Accounting Manager
Company: The Howard Hughes Corporation
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Hospitality Accounting Manager
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion
for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver
screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that
form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and
limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires
of the 20 th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to
help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it's
not just buildings and places that matter, it's what you do with
them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in
the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to
last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find
their story in this great organization.
POSITION SUMMARY A proven leader with a demonstrable track-record
of operational expertise, accounting experience and creative
vision. Reporting to our Director Hospitality Accounting, you will
perform the following accounting functions for several of our
hospitality venues, including but not limited to concerts, catering
and events, as well as other various Food & Beverage outlets:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly P&L ("profit and loss") statements, as well
as standalone Concert and Event P&Ls, ensuring timeliness and
- Collaborate with the SVP of Operations, SVP of Strategic
Partnerships & Events, as well as other respective team
- Responsible for achieving compliance with applicable
regulations and accounting principles.
- Perform weekly cash account and credit card
- Prepare journal entries and support month-end close
- Prepare variance analysis.
- Assist with producing customer invoices, monitoring cash
receipts and AR Aging to decrease days outstanding, research any
issues with customer invoices.
- Assist the accounts payable department in ensuring purchase
orders and invoices are entered timely, paid, research any
- Manage third party relationships with Live Nation, Ticketmaster
Ice Rink, etc)
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Assist in the Annual Budgeting process.
- Work with the accounting department to help advance the
accounting systems and create efficiencies. KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years related experience preferably in a combination
of public and private environments.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail-oriented, ability to interact with varying levels of
employees and be efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly proficient in excel.
- Experience with point of sale systems, Ticketmaster, and JD
Edwards, a plus.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving
- The successful candidate will have:
- The highest level of Venue Management and Accounting Skills as
it relates to Events, Sponsorship, Finance and Accounting
Procedures, Systems and Software, etc.
- Contacts within the Entertainment Industry.
- Ability to manage relationships and partnerships.
- Multi-unit experience, preferably in the hospitality or
restaurant industry, a plus.
- Knowledge of event and production accounting in the Sports and
- Availability to work extended hours, weekends, nights,
holidays, etc. in the ever-changing hospitality industry.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA License, a plus.
Keywords: The Howard Hughes Corporation, New York , Hospitality Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!