Franchised Night Auditor
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Job Number 19156090Job Category Rooms and Guest Services
OperationsLocation Renaissance New York Chelsea Hotel, 112 W 25th
Street, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAPBrand
Renaissance HotelsSchedule Full-timeRelocation? NoPosition Type
Non-Management/HourlyStart Your Journey With UsThank you for your
interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of
Marriott Internationals franchisees.Please Apply Online at :
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real
Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the
hotels employment policies and practices, including the selection
and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will
be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.Job
SummaryREPORTS TO: Front Office ManagerPurpose for thePosition: To
check in and out gueststo the hotel, ensure proper room and
miscellaneous postings, secure credit,answer questions, answer
telephones, provide maximum levels of guest serviceand support the
hotel's rooms division in anyway required to ensure completeguest
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests ofhotel.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how thecustomer will
pay for the accommodation.
- Keep records of room availability and guests'accounts using
computerized property management systems.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make changefor
- Perform simple bookkeeping activities, such asbalancing cash
- Issue room keys and escort instructions tobellmen.
- Review accounts and charges with guests duringthe check out
- Post charges, such those for rooms, food,liquor, or telephone
calls, to ledgers manually, or by using computers.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephonesor telephone
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff whenguests report
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services,registration of
guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and
- Record guest comments or complaints, referringcustomers to
managers as necessary.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have beenvacated and are
ready for cleaning.
- Answer all incoming phones in three or lessrings.
- Complete "bucket checks" to ensure allaccounts are current and
comply with standards established by the hotel'scontroller and
front office manager.Job Requirement
- To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Handle daily closing procedures, run reports,and follow audit
procedures for the hotel.
- Maintain brand standards.
- Be an outgoing, welcoming personality for theHotel.
- Use logical thinking and personal judgment toperform a variety
of office tasks that require special skills and knowledge.
- Make decisions based on your own judgment andcompany policy. -
Follow instructions without close supervision.
- Speak and write clearly and accurately.
- Be available for work days, evenings, weekendsand
- EnvironmentalConditions: Inside: Protection from weather
conditions but not necessarilyfrom temperature changes. A job is
considered "inside" if the workerspends approximately 75% or more
of the time inside.
- MathSkills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be
able to: Computediscount, interest, profit and loss, commission,
markups and selling price,ratio and proportion, and percentages.
Calculate surface, volumes, weights andmeasures.
- LanguageSkills: Must have developed language skills to the
point to be able to:Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and
manuals. Write business letters,summaries and reports using
prescribed format and conforming to all rules ofpunctuation,
grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions anddebates.
Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.Relationships
toData, People and Things:
- Data:Compiling: Gathering, collating, or classifying
information about data,people or things. Reporting and/or carrying
out a prescribed action in relationto the information is frequently
- People:Speaking-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people
to convey orexchange information. Includes giving assignments and
or directions to helpersor assistants. Things:
Operating-Controlling: Starting, stopping, controllingand adjusting
the progress of machines or equipment. Operating machinesinvolves
setting up and adjusting the machine or materials as the
workprogresses. Controlling involves observing and turning devices
to regulatereactions of materials.
- SpecificVocational Preparation: Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Professional withan emphasis on Word, PowerPoint and Excel to
format and create professionaldocuments to be used and distributed
on the executive level. Candidate musthave strong organizational
skills and ability to prioritize duties to completewithin required
deadlines. Creativity to accomplish required tasks, such
asdocuments being appealing to the eye, to find and research
various informationneeded to complete and compile reports.This
company is an equal opportunity employer.frnch1
Keywords: Marriott, New York , Franchised Night Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!