Finance, Controllers, I&L Controllers, Associate, New York
Company: Goldman Sachs & Co.
Location: New York
Posted on: November 15, 2019
MORE ABOUT THIS JOBFINANCEWe're a team of specialists charged with
managing the firms liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the
overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether
assessing the creditworthiness of the firms counterparties,
monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or
offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work
contributes directly to the firms success. The division is ideal
for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention
to detail. CONTROLLERS DIVISIONAL OVERVIEWControllers ensure that
the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations
of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the
Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability
of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firms business.
Controllers also ensure that the firms activities are conducted in
compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the
financial markets.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONSPRODUCT
CONTROL MERCHANT BANKING DIVISIONThis group performs the accounting
and financial control functions related to the balance sheet and
revenue impact to Goldman Sachs from its investing and lending
activities. We are seeking a Senior Associate to join either the
New York or Salt Lake City team, who will partake in the following:
- Fully engage and oversee/run the day to day reporting and
month-end / quarter-end closing processes such as:
- Recording and maintaining books and records (PARA) of
investment related transactions (P&L, purchases and sales and
valuation adjustments) and preparation of supporting documentations
including reconciliations to the firms ledger.
- P&L and balance sheet reporting, including coordination
with financial reporting and divisional reporting teams to analyze
key drivers/trends in business performance.
- Reporting required information used in the firms external
footnote disclosures and regulatory filings related to MBDs
alternative investment business.
- Handle ad-hoc requests from various divisions and departments
across the firm.
- Participate in teamwide and firmwide strategic projects to
drive collaboration across stakeholders; push forward automation of
- Participate in engaging with the business deal teams, including
divisional finance and leading the coordination efforts with
accounting policy and regulatory policy on investment deal related
- Participate in valuation review and perform independent price
verification across various alternative asset classes.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors Degree (Accounting, Economics or Finance degree
- CPA or CFA preferred, but not required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Public and/or Private experienced preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability
to clearly articulate ideas
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a global
team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a
fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Knowledge of desktop applications (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint)ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHSThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a
leading global investment banking, securities and investment
management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to
a substantial and diversified client base that includes
corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and
maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman
Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer
Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.Job ID2019-56584Schedule TypeFull
UnitI&L ControllersEmployment TypeEmployee
Keywords: Goldman Sachs & Co., New York , Finance, Controllers, I&L Controllers, Associate, New York, Accounting, Auditing , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!