Secretary IV, Publicity (New York)
Company: The Walt Disney Studios
Location: New York
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to
millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for
what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney
Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and
lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and
professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's
beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what
you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with
Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture
masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the
spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even
harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios.
Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We
raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the
production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the
globe. These include titles from Pixar Animation Studios, Walt
Disney Animation Studios, Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios,
Lucasfilm, Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Films. If you want
to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or
stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Secretary IV, Publicity
based in New York, NY. This position provides vital support for the
VP, Publicity of the NY National Publicity office as well as
support to the NY national publicity team. The position provides
but not limited to, maintaining busy calendar, scheduling meetings,
answering and screening incoming calls, assisting in the
preparation of meetings, opening and distributing mail, maintaining
files, preparing expense reports, budgeting, photocopying, ordering
supplies and supporting departmental projects as needed.
- Books and coordinates all NY screenings.
- Provides administrative support for Vice President and NY
National Publicity team, not limited to answering phones,
maintaining busy calendars, making travel arrangements.
- Manages Travel and Expense (including understanding of company
- Creates expense reports and reconciles credit card
- Manages travel schedules for talent.
- Handle booking of hotels and transportation for executives,
filmmakers and talent in NY.
- Collects and distributes global press breaks.
- Organizes and updates key materials for the PR team.
- Assists with press days/junkets/events.
- Supports press appearances and needs to be able to communicate
effectively with external press contacts.
- Cover screenings both during the work day and after hours and
- Maintains reports, schedules and charts.
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally, works
exceptionally well with executives, staff, and external associates
and visitors at all levels.
- Ability to tactfully manage the teams time, multi-task and
communicates with authority.
- Other miscellaneous duties and department projects as
- Excellent computer proficiency - Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word,
- SAP experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make
decisions and change course of action quickly. Detail oriented with
the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the
ability to work on many projects simultaneously Effective
communicator, both verbally and written.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively
as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule.
- Overtime required.
- Be able to communicate from external office locations.
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful and
- Team player with positive/easy-going manner to handle varied
personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
- Minimum two years administrative experience at senior
management level within entertainment industry with an emphasis on
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation
on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings
quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the
world. Feature films are released under the following banners:
Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation
Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney
Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood
Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney
Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including
Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a
culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings
together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business
minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading diversified international family
entertainment and media enterprise with the following business
segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment,
consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as
a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the
entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy
of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of
the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach
consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With
operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast
members work together to create entertainment experiences that are
both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc. , which is part of a business
segment we call The Walt Disney Studios .
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a
business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us
grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a
rapidly changing world.
Keywords: The Walt Disney Studios, New York , Secretary IV, Publicity (New York), Administration, Clerical , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!