Company: TalentHub Worldwide
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Risk Insurance Company
Risk Insurance Firm located in Midtown seeks an Administrative
Assistant for an immediate permanent position.
POSITION REPORTING STRUCTURE
Department: Claim & Litigation Services
Reports To: Executive Assistant to SVP Claim & Litigation
POSITION OBJECTIVE:This position provides administrative support to
the claim department, including clerical and secretarial functions,
word processing and calendar management, data entry, screening and
routing mail and phone calls, as well as responsibility for other
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform regular general secretarial duties including preparing
and finalizing basic correspondence (memos, forms, letters, and
reports), filing, data entry (Excel and other software), copying,
scanning and uploading documents to the FOJP proprietary claim
- Draft and finalize Agendas and letters, as well as Summonses &
- Schedule claim department meetings using Outlook, interfacing
with claims team and administrative staff at hospitals on an
ongoing basis to keep calendar updated. For each calendar
appointment, ensure appropriate materials are attached and correct
location is listed.
- Enter data, on an ad hoc basis, to maintain regular
departmental reports. Maintenance to client contact database,
defense counsel database and various committee contact lists.
- Serve as additional backup (in concert with the Claims Data
Coordinator) to Executive Assistant in phone coverage, answering
phones for SVP, Claim and VP, Professional Liability Claim when
Executive Assistant is not at her desk or is out of the office.
- Assist SVP's office with large projects, as needed. This may
include the compilation, scanning, bookmarking pdfs, and binding
hard copies for use in various file audits and meetings.
- Screen and route telephone calls, responding to routine
questions; route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as
- All correspondence and departmental reports have been
accurately prepared and proofread within timeframe specified upon
receipt of assignment, with a high degree of attention to
- Claims conference Agendas/materials have been distributed in
accordance with established due dates. Executive Assistant is
promptly notified of any anticipated delays.
- All priority materials (such as summons and transmittal
letters) are processed within assigned deadline, not later than two
(2) business days from receipt of assignment.
- Claim Department calendar is maintained with a high degree of
accuracy and attention to detail; ensuring meetings are scheduled
timely, with an accurate list of guests sent to Concierge ahead of
- Department SVP, Executive Assistant and Claim Data Coordinator
are supported to ensure that no Department call goes to voice mail
during business hours.
- Meeting materials are prepared accurately and within timeframe
requested upon assignment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree or secretarial school diploma.
- At least three (3) years of related clerical experience.
- Excellent PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Type at least 80 words per minute accurately.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, willing to take
ownership of responsibilities; possesses high level of positive
energy and drive.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and
- Knowledge of medical, legal and/or insurance terminology
- Strong command of the English language.
- Working knowledge of copiers, scanners, phones and fax
Salary is 45K-50K per year
Keywords: TalentHub Worldwide, New York , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!