Office Manager II
Location: South Plainfield
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled
infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to
ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers,
restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our
customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the
food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in
order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Directs general office activities and workflow for multiple sites.
Responsibilities may include: payroll, traffic, customer service,
and accounting/budgeting functions. May have responsibility for
Human Resources functions such as recruitment, training,
discipline, labor management provisions, and development of
operational policies, programs, and procedures. Typically has
- Coordinate activities with other supervisory/lead personnel and
with other work units or departments.
- Develop or update department procedures, policies, and
standards, and also implement corporate and departmental policies,
procedures, and service standards in conjunction with
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies
to staff; train and instruct employees in job duties and company
policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Work with General Manager to develop annual departmental
budget, and then develop work schedules according to budgets and
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals,
correspondence, and other information required by management or
- Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as
production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work
activities, and evaluate performance.
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to
regulations. Discuss job performance problems with employees to
identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex
problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Perform these duties Monday through Friday, with a typical
schedule of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, earning a competitive salary plus
the ability to qualify for many benefits such as health, vision,
dental, 401K, and paid time off (PTO).
What Experience You Need
- Five to eight years office experience in warehousing and/or
- A minimum of four (4) years general supervisory/management
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and
- Ability to manage supervisors and employees, including strong
interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff, and
a willingness to develop a mentoring relationship with staff to
develop their skills and business knowledge.
- Must provide and model leadership behaviors including the
ability to defuse and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment,
with excellent written and verbal communication skills and
attention to detail.
- Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to
seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
- Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
What Could Set You Apart
- Experience in HRIS and ATS systems preferred
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me?
We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with
our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their
health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a
values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers
feed the world.
Keywords: Americold, New York , Office Manager II, Administration, Clerical , South Plainfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!