Corps Office & Operations Manager
Company: The Salvation Army
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is
to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His
name without discrimination.
The Corps Office and Operations Manager will serve in a critical
support role to the Corps Officer (s) in a leadership role and be
intimately and integrally involved in the overall ministry of the
Corps. The Corps Office and Operations Manager will engage as
directed by the Corps Officer with leadership responsibilities and
will assume leadership, as directed, of the Corps' operations, in
the absence of all appointed Officer (s). Under the direct
supervision of the Corps Officer (s), the Corps Office and
Operations Manager will oversee all corps administrative and
facility operations by maintaining office systems and supervising
- Managing day to day operations of the general office for the
corps and other programs as needed.
- Serve as liaison for vendors and building management.
- Serve as liaison with external (ACS, DOE, DOHMH, FDNY, DOB,
etc.) and offsite DHQ personnel.
- Ensure that all departments maintain proper systems of
recording, accounting, statistical reporting, and filling and
- Assistant Corps Officer (s) as needed, general daily Corps
Support needed and perform special projects.
- Coordinate all IT issues with Divisional IT Department, as
- Ensures that all inventories maintained with all programs and
- Ensure that inventories are maintained of all equipment and
- Handle all violations; follow up with the appropriate
corrections and report to the proper department
- Answer and direct all calls professionally and correctly.
- Check voice mail daily and return phone calls promptly.
- Manage office mail.
- Monitor corps business income and expenses for different
- Prepare and submit weekly financial reports to DHQ
- Prepare all check request and income reports for corps officer
- Issue purchase orders, keeping receipts or invoices for
verification of expense.
- Handle petty cash funds in the absence of Corps Officer
- Upon approval, purchasing items for which approved budget funds
- Assist Corps Officer with all Human Resource Compliance
- Assist with the oversight of payroll processing as needed.
- Ensure that annual performance evaluations are conducted for
all personnel, according to the assigned schedule
- Manage all risk management concerns and issues.
- Conduct regular conferences with the Corps Officer to review
all fiscal concerns
- Attend and contribute to Executive Leadership, Department Staff
& General Staff Meetings
- Responsible for sharing with the Corps Commanding Officer (s),
all matters of mutual concern relating to the total welfare of the
- Interact with Parent, Staff, and Participants as
- Participate in all external and divisional trainings
- Work collaboratively with administration and staff to develop,
implement, and improve administrative functions related to corps
projects and activities.
- To promote and facilitate, in every way possible, the mission
of The Salvation Army,
- Assist in the supervision of all maintenance staff
- Assist with all property and maintenance matters of the
- Maintain and prepare building maintenance inspection and
completion of all necessary documents
- Provide support to Social Ministries Coordinator, as
- Receive the public on behalf of the Salvation Army and assist
by directing to appropriate areas.
- Responsible for the coordination of dates for booking of
rentals in consultation with the Corps Officer
- Available at times to open building for outside groups as
- Supervise facilities participation in SFSP and CACFP
- Prepare and submit all orders with prior approval of Corps
- Assist with all public relations events and activities such as
but not limited to the Red Kettle effort, under the direction of
the Corps Officer (s), including recruiting, training, and
instructing of potential employees.
- Responsible for the development of the Corps Social & Digital
Media platforms for outreach purposes, under the direction of the
Corps Officer (s) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or similar,
including 2 years of experience OR 3 years
- Strong communication and organizational skills; Should possess
those qualities of heart, mind, and character that apply to all
those working immediately with people.
- Experience working with financial management, and human
- Able to perform duties independently with little or no
supervision and maintain a high level of confidentiality .
- Must uphold biblical standards in personal and professional
life, including fiscal support of the Corps ministry
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission
of the Salvation Army. Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
Keywords: The Salvation Army, New York , Corps Office & Operations Manager, Administration, Clerical , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!