Medical Office Assistant (Temp) - Staten Island - FlexStaff
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Staten Island
Posted on: September 19, 2023
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations, ensuring
cleanliness and availability of appropriate equipment and
- Interviews patient to obtain medical information and perform
measurement and screening procedures.
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment.
- Obtains patient's height, weight, blood pressure, pulse,
temperature, head circumference, and other required vital
- Records findings in patient medical record and informs
clinician of findings.
- Obtains specimens from patient, as directed by
- Collects blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens.
Completes requisitions, labels, and routes specimens according to
- Performs electrocardiograms (EKGs), as required.
- Assists clinician during examination, procedures, and
treatment, as required.
- Secures required supplies, tools, and equipment for specific
- Ensures patient is appropriately draped and
- Provides requested instruments to clinician during procedure.
Assists in positioning and holding patient, as required.
- Assists patient after examination, procedure, or
- Prepares, sterilizes, and calibrates equipment. Informs
Supervisor of malfunctioning equipment.
- Strictly adheres to infection control standards in the
performance of duties.
- Performs related clerical duties supporting operational
- Participates in patient registration, as required. Processes
insurance forms, certifications, physician orders, prescriptions,
- Ensures required patient information and documentation is
available in medical records.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
- Places, receives, and directs phone calls.
- Files, copies, and distributes documentation, as
- Performs related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a six-month (6) to one (1) year course
in Medical Assisting program, required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association
of Medical Assistants (AAMA), preferred.
- Prior experience and demonstrated competence as a medical
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Medical Office Assistant (Temp) - Staten Island - FlexStaff, Administration, Clerical , Staten Island, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!