Patient Care Secretary
Company: VITAS Healthcare
Posted on: February 12, 2024
The Patient Care Secretary is a skilled secretarial person whose
job is to support the work of the Team Manager and who is generally
responsible for accomplishing all patient care related clerical
- Screens telephone calls for Team Manager. Facilitates
communication between patients/families and other team members,
- Takes and keeps daily schedule for all team members.
- Attends weekly team meetings. Prepares agenda for team meeting.
Follows through on assignments given by the Team Manager.
- Establishes, maintains, and closes patient charts in an orderly
fashion. This may include but is not limited to the mailing of and
follow-up on all required documentation such as Plans-Of-Care,
Attending Physician Authorization forms and Medical Information
- Provides back-up documentation to Billing Department routinely
and as requested.
- Orders D.M.E. and maintains record of dates ordered and
- Enters patient care and volunteer data into Vx and event
- Communicates with staff and outside agencies as directed by
- When the program utilizes part time staff, the PCS will
maintain a list of all part-time staff jointly with other patient
care secretaries. Contacts and schedules part-time staff at the
direction of Team Manager.
- Jointly with other patient care secretaries, orders supplies
and documentation forms used by the team.
- Does routine correspondence for Team Manager and other members
of the team.
- Sorts and processes all patient care mail jointly with other
patient care secretaries.
- Maintains A.D.T. and checks census daily for accuracy.
- In programs that have more than one patient care secretary,
they will cover for each other for lunch, for team meetings, and
for other short intervals of absence.
- Handles other tasks as assigned by the Team Manager.
- Three years prior work experience preferred.
- Good typing skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone skills
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
VITAS - Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life
care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal
and professional growth. As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find
fulfillment working for a people-focused organization dedicated to
making a difference in the lives of others. You will be more than
just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your
field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are respected and
vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work day or night
shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS Healthcare, New York , Patient Care Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Livingston, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!