Sr Admin Mgr
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Job DescriptionThe Senior Administrative Manager manages daily
operations of multi-physician practice(s)/hospital services for a
Department/Division or Service Line. Manages staff and processes of
multiple Cost Centers and/or Locations that are typically more
organizationally and/or logistically complex to ensure effective
performance and efficient systems for Business Operations,
Financial Management, Human Resource Management, information
Management Organizational Governance, Patient Care Systems Quality
Management and Risk Management.
1. Business Operations
Collaborates with practice/hospital management to implement
organizational strategic plans and objectives based on the mission
and vision. Partners with leadership and other clinical personnel
to manage approved clinical programs.
- Participates in the creation of goals for Department/Division
operations and executes accomplishment of objectives.
- Participates in implementing programs.
- Manages business functions to ensure processes are
operationally efficient and effective. Manages operations of a more
complex organization of multiple Practices, Specialties, Cost
Centers and/or Locations with overall accountability of
- Manages the efficient and effective use of operating resources
space, material, equipment, staff, and information.
- Ensures successful transition of new practices or physicians
for the Department/ Division or Service Line.
- Collaborates with revenue cycle management to monitor and
improve key performance indicators related to appointment
scheduling, patient pre-registration/ registration, insurance
verification, referral management/pre-authorization, co-pay
collection, charge entry/capture activities, and accounts
receivable; recommends and implements approved changes.
- Reviews operational reports and collaborates with revenue cycle
management to monitor and improve key indicators such as arrivals,
no-shows, cancellations, bumps, patient cycle time, exam room
utilization, physician productivity, and appointment lag.
- May oversee and coordinate Residency and Fellowship
2. Financial Management
Manages multiple Practices, Specialities and/or Cost Centers and/or
Locations in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Participates in the annual budget planning processes, including
forecasting of revenue trends and expense analyses.
- Operates within the approved budget and maximizes opportunities
to meet and exceed budgetary guidelines.
- Monitors, and reports progress and variances of budget and
revenue performance to Department/Division or Service Line; makes
recommendations as necessary.
- Follows established front-end operations and revenue cycle of
the department/division; facilitates education of staff.
- Explores and recommends opportunities to increase revenue and
implements cost saving measures.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls for cash
3. Ensures regulatory and financial compliance to support research
initiatives, if applicable. Human Resources Management
Engages practice workforce to achieve Department/Division and
- Manages staff members to ensure expected performance within
their roles and responsibilities. Participates in hiring, training,
communicating expectations and disciplining of staff. Communicates
and clarifies performance expectations. Manages the performance
- Manages efficient and effective recruitment and retention
strategy for the multiple Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or
Locations to ensure optimal operational and clinical
- Analyzes and manages staffing needs, skill mix and staffing for
for the multiple Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations.
Oversees scheduling to ensure coverage.
- Supports continued growth of staff and develops opportunities
for advancement. Fosters a culture of learning and
- Encourages employee participation in the employee satisfaction
survey and manages related action plans.
- Manages the timekeeping/payroll process.
Ensures the flow and appropriateness (HIPPA) of information.
- Ensures communication pathways through careful planning,
selection of communication channel and a consistent professional
- Manages and ensures communication between practice staff,
physicians, and hospital to enhance team dynamics.
- Participates in technology implementation plans.
- Manages patient communication procedures.
- May identify appropriate business/clinical applications and
necessary access to support operations.
5. Organizational Governance
Upholds and communicates the mission, vision and values of the
organization across multiple Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or
Locations and/or Hospital.
- Manages and maintains relationships between Practices and/or
Cost Centers and/or Locations and/or Hospital, staff and
- Participates in committee activity.
6. Patient Care Systems
Upholds and promotes value of patient experience by putting the
- Manages patient-centered approach to care focusing on safety
and operational efficiencies.
- Manages operations to ensure clinical quality and
- Develops, fosters and maintains referrals to the
- Designs efficient patient flow patterns to maximize physician
- Monitors patient satisfaction scores and recommends
opportunities for improvement.
7. Quality Management
Ensures responsibility-areas participate in quality initiatives to
improve healthcare and ensure patient safety. Aligns programs with
hospital quality management initiatives if applicable.
- Manages participation in mandatory and non-mandatory
performance improvement initiatives at the practice level.
- Manages changes and maintains readiness related to various
regulatory agency standards and/or public health law; manages
compliance with Joint Commission, Department of Health, Public
Health Laws, Institutional and Departmental rules and
- Reviews Policy and Procedure Manual annually and update, as
- May identify benchmarks utilizing regional/national data to
monitor quality and opportunities for improvement.
8. Risk Management
- Participates in risk management assessment for practice(s) and
works to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Manages Department/practice(s) staff adherence to system
Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA and other regulatory
- Manages site(s) level disaster recovery plans to ensure patient
safety and business continuity during emergencies.
- May participate in provider credentialing to ensure privileges
are obtained as appropriate for clinical practice; collaborates
with managed care enrollment to ensure participation in insurance
Performs related duties, as required.Qualifications-- Bachelors
Degree preferably in Business Administration, Health Care
Administration or related field, required. Masters Degree,
-- Minimum of five (5) years progressive administrative experience
in an office management, healthcare and/or ambulatory practice
-- Maintains current knowledge of related regulatory agency
standards and/or public health law.
-- Based on departmental operating requirements, bi-lingual
communication skills maybe required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Sr Admin Mgr, Administration, Clerical , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!