Manager, Marketing & Design FP&A
Location: New York
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and
lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on
quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American
attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision,
reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation
that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is
synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands
powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Manager, Marketing & Design FP&A will
drive all aspects of the FP&A process including monthly close
activities, quarterly forecasting, and ad hoc analyses. This
manager will communicate financial information to Marketing &
Design/Product Development leadership teams, including Coach s
Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Financial Officer. The role
reports to the Sr. Director of Global & NA FP&A and will manage
& develop a Sr. Analyst.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in
* drive quarterly forecasts, long range plan, and annual operating
plan processes for marketing & design teams, and other corporate
* full ownership of accurate financial forecast models; work with
business partners accordingly
* drive initiatives to streamline processes, maintain and improve
upon existing financial model
* work with business partners to identify P&L levers, Risks &
Opportunities, or cost savings opportunities with Global
* prepare timely presentations summarizing and explaining
submissions and material changes to prior forecasts
* direct monthly close processes for the Coach NA Marketing and
Unallocated Global Marketing & Design P&Ls
* work with business partners to ensure accurate presentation of
* provide journal entries to accounting for proper expense
* timely review and analysis of P&L variances to present to
Coach s Chief Financial Officer
* oversee distribution of month end reporting to business
* prepare documentation and schedules as required by accounting and
* review P&L and Balance Sheet for quarterly post close
meetings with the Accounting & Control teams
* lead ROI initiatives for pop-ups, experiential/events,
influencers/celebrities, special product collaborations, etc.
* manage forecast of capital expenditures and related depreciation
on a quarterly basis; accrue CIP as required
The accomplished individual will possess...
* excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability
to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners
in a clear and concise manner, at all levels of the
* highly detail-oriented, motivated self-starter with strong
organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
* ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a
* intellectual curiosity and a drive to improve
An outstanding professional will have...
* 4+ years of relevant work experience
* P&L budgeting / forecasting experience required, with an
emphasis on building driver-based forecasts
* prior experience managing a direct report is preferred
* must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
* knowledge of SAP and PBCS desirable
* general marketing knowledge a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand
customer information and uses it for improvements in products and
services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up,
down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds
appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even
high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a
relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both
successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and
will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of
unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying
structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need
to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face
of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and
perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed;
creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and
successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be
responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be
said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive
and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they
stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not
including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to
take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and
we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All
employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are
based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they
relate to the requirements of the position under consideration.
These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color,
creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship,
disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any
other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable
law. #LI-AH1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Keywords: Coach, New York , Manager, Marketing & Design FP&A, Advertising , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!