Manager/Sr. Manager, OptBlue Partner Marketing
Company: American Express
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing is dedicated to
bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American
Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering
with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate Merchant
acceptance and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to Merchants
and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships
with millions of Merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our
geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe
including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and
the Asia-Pacific region.
The U.S. Merchant Marketing (USMM) organization falls within GMS.
OptBlue Partner Marketing, part of USMM, works closely with the
U.S. Small Merchant Acquisition Strategy organization responsible
for third-party acquiring, Aggregator/Pay-Fac and TPSP
The Senior Manager, OptBlue Partner Marketing position is at the
center of one of the highest priorities for Global Merchant
Services and American Express: increasing actively accepting
merchants. This person will partner closely with strategic
third-party acquiring partners (OptBlue Participants) and internal
partners to design and execute marketing strategies that drive
activation, engagement and acceptance with merchants. The
successful candidate will contribute to evolving new merchant
marketing approaches, enhance partner marketing relationships, and
take advantage of the opportunities that the OptBlue program
- Be the lead marketing liaison for priority third-party
- Develop marketing strategies to drive activation and encourage
welcomed acceptance/charge volume from merchants. Sell-in plans
internally and to the third-party acquiring partner, directly or in
partnership with Partner Mangers.
- Review and provide feedback on third-party acquiring partners'
marketing plans and creatives to identify opportunities to drive
further results by leveraging our assets, best practices, as well
as ensure compliance to American Express brand and legal
- Liaise internally with marketing, analytics, acquisition teams
and other key stakeholders to represent the marketing needs of the
partners and their merchants.
- Lead new merchant engagement initiatives as opportunities
- Track and measure campaigns and document best practices and
share learnings (internally/externally) to drive future
The successful candidate will be high energy, proactive, a team
player, and able to work well with competing priorities:
- Experience managing external partnerships.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and ability to influence
at various levels.
- Creative thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity; ability to
work in white space and continually create, test and innovate.
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing efforts end-to-end.
Prior marketing experience and a working knowledge of AXP marketing
processes a plus.
- Strong project management skills and great attention to detail,
with the ability to independently move multiple projects forward in
- Expertise or proven track record of building and leveraging
relationships across function and leadership levels
- Positive, can do attitude able to work independently, manage
multiple projects, and stay flexible to business changes
- B2B or merchant marketing experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is
required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status
protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 3:45:31 PM
Keywords: American Express, New York , Manager/Sr. Manager, OptBlue Partner Marketing, Advertising , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!