Executive Creative Director
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
- New York, United States of America; Irvine, United States of
- 2105585 Job Description About AbbVie
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
We are Allergan Data Labs, a team of 100+ digital and consumer
marketing gurus, data scientists, and engineers, on a mission to
help realize the potential of the aesthetics market through data
and technology. We create world-class digital products to inspire
our 150M target consumers globally to use our life-changing brands.
Allergan Data Labs is part of Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie
Company, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world.
Our brands are iconic household names such as Botox Cosmetic,
Juv--derm and CoolSculpting. Our team is bi-coastal and operates
out of Irvine, CA and New York, NY. The role: Allergan Aesthetics
is building an inhouse creative studio that will be digitally
focused and support Allergan's consumer brands, especially Botox
Cosmetic and Juvederm. The studio will be responsible for setting
the creative vision for our marquee brands and how they show up
across channels. It will develop and produce digital assets
including OLV, CRM emails, static/animated banners, landing pages
and both paid and organic social. The studio will support multiple
internal marketing clients as well as collaborate with external
agencies as appropriate. This role will report into the SVP Global
Digital and Consumer Marketing and includes 3-4 direct reports
including Creative Directors, Head of Operations and Head of Design
and Production. We are looking for an innovative creative leader
seeking an opportunity to build and run the studio, develop and
manage brand identity systems and toolkits and lead agency
management for external agencies. The ideal candidate:
- You are a creative powerhouse and can easily toggle between the
big picture and the nitty gritty and back.
- You thrive on change and challenge, and you have the ability to
energize the team around you and inspire them to do their best
- You are highly strategic and have an equal appreciation and
passion for the craft of making things. You're as much of a creator
as you're an inspiring leader.
- You build strong partnerships with other disciplines and teams
and excel at collaboration, decision making, and creating a culture
of diversity, teamwork and collaboration. Of equal importance is
your influencing prowess with clients and partner agencies, while
ever humble and adaptable. Responsibilities:
- Ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy, integrity
and effectiveness of all creative deliverables as well as
- Sets the overall creative vision and defines the development
process. Manages the total creative and operational functions
across the studio, starting with the facial aesthetic brands, Botox
Cosmetic and Juvederm, and expanding over time to include our body
contouring portfolio in addition to other Allergan Aesthetics
- Sets creative standards, defines the creative culture, drives
innovation and ensures creative quality control.
- Leads the creative studio and the external creative agencies,
acting as a strategic marketing partner for the business and
external agencies that support the brand scope that is not part of
the studio (i.e. TV).
- Has final approval for all studio creative as well as input and
approval for external agency creative. Provides input into
- Accountable for defining the visual and verbal (brand voice)
identity of the brands and ensuring consistent creative execution
of the brands across the studio, external agencies and other ADL
- Responsible for the production of brand books, brand assets and
guidelines as well as asset management strategy.
- Leads agency selection, engagement and management for all
external, creative agencies and ensures tight integration of the
work they provide with the studio work developed.
- Hire, mentor and manage integrated teams of designers/art
directors, copywriters, producers, content creators and push the
creative envelope, continually raising the bar on the quality of
the client's creative while delivering successful business
solutions for our clients.
- Monitor trends in the digital, marketing, design and
advertising industries to stay current to position the brands as
the leader in their industry.
- Improve accountability across creative teams through management
and process improvement.
- Organize a creative team with appropriate structures, teams,
experience levels, diversity of skills, etc.
- Plan, assign, schedule and direct work.
- Builds morale and creates a positive work environment and
- Partner with account and project management leaders to identify
creative objectives and strategies; provide input into creative
- You have 15+ years' experience working for a wide range of
clients and brands, ideally agency-side as well as
- You inherently understand digital and think way beyond
traditional ad formats and budgets
- You are experienced in leveraging data and research to help
identify unique opportunities for the brand
- You have extensive experience building, managing and coaching
teams to help them create their best work
- You jump in as needed, rolling up your sleeves, getting into
the work and concepting, at the same time as guiding your teams to
accomplish their best work
- You have a proven ability to collaborate across disciplines
such as Marketing, Creative, Product and Brand Management
- You are an excellent communicator, and you're able to present
concepts and deliver constructive feedback to all members of the
- You are self-motivated, hard-working, and work well in a
- You believe that the best ideas don't rely on million-dollar
production budgets and a 50-person team
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself
from phishing scams. Click here to find out how you can avoid being
a victim of job phishing scams.
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., New York , Executive Creative Director, Advertising , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!