Technical Writer, Tech Lead
Location: Short Hills
Posted on: May 16, 2022
What does a great Technical Writer do?
As a Content Developer focused on technical writing, you can look
forward to: producing high-quality documentation that contributes
to the overall success of our products and business. You will join
a team of talented technical writers who work collaboratively with
developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability
experts to make our products easier to use. You'll combine your
writing skills with your passion for technology. Your
responsibilities will largely revolve around developing release
notes, installation guides, help files, quick reference guides, and
mechanisms for their delivery. You will be required to explain
complex information in a clear and concise manner and work with the
product development team to ensure accuracy of product
descriptions. We are seeking someone comfortable researching new
technologies, learning how to use them, embedding demos into help,
podcasts, and creating videos to deliver information to Fiserv
You are the kind of person who will:
- Ability to comprehend technical specification documents and
convert that information into client-facing deliverables such as
release notes, help files, instructions, technical information, and
frequently asked questions in collaboration with other
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present
information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension;
writes and proofreads easy-to-understand user interface text and
- Analyzes existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and
- Follows department and corporate standards for communicating to
clients. Contacts and corresponds with clients as needed to resolve
documentation questions or concerns.
- Adheres to the Microsoft Manual of Styles and Standards and
department writing standards while working on multiple
- Researches and builds knowledge about Fiserv products,
services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
- Creates and uses graphics and illustrations, diagrams,
animations, charts videos, or podcasts to elaborate on and
compliment technical writing deliverables in order to increase the
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to obtain an in-depth
understanding of the product and the documentation needs.
- Ensures technical accuracy and writing quality, readability,
and consistency across the documentation set.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement, enriches, and
extends documentation to continue to adapt and evolve with changing
- Estimates, tracks, plans, and prioritizes projects assigned;
meets deadlines established by team.
- This person will lead by example, demonstrating both the Fiserv
and Learning and Professional Services values:
- Accountable: Be true to your word and deliver what you commit
to with high quality. Interact with others using above the line
- Collaborative: Actively engage with others to help the team
succeed. Actively listen as well as share ideas and workload
- Innovative: Evaluate everything we do and create with an
innovative mindset looking for ways to support our clients and
improve our processes.
- Life-long learning / teaching: Always looking for new
opportunities to learn and own your development plan. Consistently
share what you know and have learned with others to build up the
skill sets of the entire team.
- Outside-in thinker: Use the client's perspective for making
decisions putting their needs at the forefront of all your work
while holding the rest of the team accountable to do the same.
- Positive and passionate: Maintain an infectious "Can Do"
attitude that is fueled by a passion for our clients and our
- See it, Own it, Do it: Maintain a solution-oriented perspective
by providing options to resolve a problem when you encounter one.
Take ownership of the issue and see to its resolution.Basic
Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Mass Communications,
English, Computer Science or a related field
- 3 year of Technical Writing experience in the financial
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, HTML
- Knowledge of online help concepts and understanding of indexing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused approach
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Knowledge of Visual Studio (Team Foundation Server)
- Knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker, Madcap Flare or similar help
- Experience working in a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience using source control to manage projects
- Certification in Technical Writing
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Management of your own time
- Active listening and communication through multiple mediums
including email, verbal, face-to-face, and distance
- Interest in research and investigating, creating, and
organizing information and processes
- Small group interaction skills
Keywords: Fiserv, New York , Technical Writer, Tech Lead, Advertising , Short Hills, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!