Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout AlphaSense: AlphaSense is a market
intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and
financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has
helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering
insights from an extensive universe of public and private
content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade
journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over
1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P
500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 600
people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For
more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.About the
Team:The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently
driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital
allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the
company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial
analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and
disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a
critical thought partner to senior leadership.About the Role: The
Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for the timely and
accurate preparation of complex external financial statements and
all related filings as well as implementation and design of
internal controls. Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience at either public accounting firms, large
public organizations, or SaaS companies. "Big 4" experience
- Previous experience involving the application of US GAAP and
SEC reporting experience required. Previous experience implementing
SOX controls is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-tech, start-up, or similar
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Workiva or other financial statement reporting
tool is a plus.
- Organized, self-motivated with a growth mindset,
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and
- Ability to work independently and with minimal
- Desire to work in a fast-paced team environment with the
ability to clearly articulate requests to cross-functional business
partners.What You'll Do:
- Prepare quarterly and annual US GAAP Financials, including
footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly US GAAP adjustments to book to ERP system on a
timely basis for the month-end close.
- Assist with external audit procedures for quarterly and annual
US GAAP and foreign statutory audits.
- Conduct technical accounting research and document accounting
whitepapers for complex transactions, technical issues, recent
accounting pronouncements and other relevant complex matters that
arise in the course of business.
- Develop and document accounting policies and manuals in
accordance with US GAAP and coordinate with various departments to
ensure compliance if necessary.
- Assist in the documentation and evaluation of financial and
business processes in support of the development of internal
controls and SOX compliance requirements.
- Assist and maintain primary statements, financial reporting
schedules and footnotes by automatizing the process of generating a
full set of financial statements (i.e., setting up financial
reporting software, assisting in data migration between ERP and
reporting tool, reconciling all data between each other).
- Assist with any ad-hoc assignments related to financial
reporting, technical accounting, and relevant research. Support and
back-up other members of finance and accounting as
needed.AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and
respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility
for fulfilling AlphaSense's commitment to equal employment
opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or
veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This
policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense,
including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and
termination.In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide
reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected
disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws,
regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Keywords: AlphaSense, New York , Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant, Advertising , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!