Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst (NYC)
Location: New York
Posted on: January 13, 2018
The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst has primary responsibility for understanding and measuring the impacts of the strategy and vision to support the day-to-day tactical operations.
This role may be based in Indianapolis or New York City, depending on candidate location.
- Works with subject matter experts, especially within various departments of the business including sales, editorial, and audience development, to understand business decisions and resulting outcomes, defining requirements for data integration, reporting, analysis, and descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive business intelligence solution options.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements, and helps identify and develop business rules to be applied against the data.
- Identifies source systems and data required in the data warehouse environment to address the business solution.
- Develops the logical solution design, identifying data gaps and quality issues, from specifications identified with the subject matter experts.
- Identifies the key facts and dimensions necessary in partnership with technical experts to support the business.
- Work with other data consultants and engineers to design and develop data models and other business applications.
- Leading all key traffic management processes and data.
- Finding ways to leverage existing enterprise data and information in company---s products and services.
- Develops standard reports and performs ad-hoc analysis to meet internal and external reporting requirements of the business.
- This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on information and analytics.
Success criteria include:
- Traffic Management and Growth
- Global Business Intelligence Process
- Corporate Wide Metrics Reporting and Access
- Maintain quality and accuracy of company-wide dashboards
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor---s Degree in computer science, data analytics, mathematics, statistics, information systems, business, or related field.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience related to the full lifecycle of a business intelligence or data warehouse environment; including requirements gathering, analyzing data, and statistical analysis.
- Proven ability to take responsibility and resolve problems, demonstration of good decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to articulate complex situations and advise accordingly, ability to manage multiple priorities - strong attention to detail.
- Extensive expertise in developing and navigating relational data models; multidimensional, both logical and physical.
- Experience with relational databases including MSSQL and MySQL a must.
- Experience with report building, BI tools, and ETL process knowledge.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack including Lambda and Aurora - experience with Azure is a plus.
- Experience with business-driven / self-service BI
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- General business skills:
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Experience in building and supporting BI/analytics/big data business cases
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in a fluid work environment
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Master---s Degree and technical certification.
Experience with statistical analysis, predictive analysis, complex regression analysis and python coding experience.
- Experience with digital content distribution and/or the publishing industry.
- Dashboarding and data visualization toolsets including Tableau, IO, and Google Analytics.
- Experience with data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms a plus.
Odyssey is a platform that empowers you to create and engage with content, connect through communities, and amplify your voice to reach the audience your story deserves. Create, Engage, Connect and Learn.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, and Flex-Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Read more about us at about.theodysseyonline.com
Interested parties should email resumes to email@example.com
Keywords: Odyssey, New York, Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst (NYC), Advertising, New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!