Social Media Buyer
Company: Dow Jones & Co.
Location: New York
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Dow Jones & Co.Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business
information, delivering content to consumers and organizations
around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital,
mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality
content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's
largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading
publications and products including the flagship Wall Street
Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva,
Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk &
Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow
Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS,
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here.
Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view
\"Find Jobs - Dow Jones.\" Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers
NewsworthyAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.Dow Jones is committed to providing
reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with
disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If
you need assistance or accommodation in completing your
application, due to a disability, email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ?Reasonable
Accommodation in the subject line.NYC - 1211 Ave of the
AmericasFull timeJob_Req_17760We are looking for a Media Buyer to
negotiate and buy advertising inventory for clients. You will
ensure that ads reach target audiences through high-quality
channels at the lowest possible prices.
In this role, you should be an effective negotiator, critical
thinker and able to establish trust and build rapport with clients
and media professionals. If you're knowledgeable about current
media channels and advertising options, we'd like to meet you.
Your goal will be to optimize ad exposure and outdo competition
while staying within budgets.
- Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns
- Compare and negotiate rates, ad space and airtime
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Prepare schedules and adjust when needed
- Experiment with new platforms and channels
- Ensure ads are creative and displayed appropriately
- Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
- Report to clients and build long-term
- Proven experience as Media Buyer or similar role; experience in
digital media is preferred
- Familiarity with media-buying, planning and research
- Interest in following advertising and media trends
- Working knowledge of media analytics software (e.g.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detailBusiness Area: STRATEGY - KNOWLEDGE UNIT
Keywords: Dow Jones & Co., New York , Social Media Buyer, Advertising , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!