Copywriter, Freelance (15-Week Contract)
Company: NYC & Company
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Want to help tell the story of New York City to the world?
At NYC & Company, that's both our mission and our privilege. As the
official destination marketing organization (DMO) and convention
and visitors bureau (CVB) for the five boroughs of New York City,
we work to encourage visitation to NYC through our Webby
Award-winning site, NYCgo.com, along with our social channels,
programs like NYC Restaurant Week-- and NYC Broadway Week--- and
tourism campaigns that span the globe. Our team reflects the
passionate, diverse and dynamic city we represent-a group of
enthusiasts who share a love of all things NYC.
NYC & Company is seeking a talented Copywriter to join our
Creative/Content team, which comprises four integrated disciplines:
writing (copy and editorial), design, photo and video. The ideal
candidate is a scrupulous wordsmith with the heart of an
artist-someone who respects the rules of language and knows when to
break them. We're looking for a master communicator and creative
problem solver with a sharp wit, strong attention to detail, an
open mind, a love of design and a sense of creativity that is
spurred-not stunted-by constraints. A borderline irrational love of
New York City is preferred.
This is a 15-week contract for an on-site position beginning in
January in our Midtown office.
- Write copy for a range of B2C and B2B projects, including
high-profile events, major brand partnerships, marketing programs
like NYC Restaurant Week, seasonal guides, print publications,
press initiatives, meetings and conventions, and the ongoing
evolution of nycgo.com
- Contribute to the core ideas and strategies that drive our
messages across mediums
- Collaborate across disciplines at all stages of
- Work closely with cross-functional teams throughout briefing,
feedback and approvals stages
- Actively contribute to creative work sessions with a focus on
- Gather inspiration and perform competitive and creative
- A minimum of 3 years of copywriting experience (a mix of B2B
and B2C preferred)
- Copywriting portfolio demonstrating versatility of voice and an
understanding of best practices across mediums (e.g. web, print,
- Exacting grammatical standards (knowledge of Chicago Manual of
Style a plus)
- Strong research instincts and a desire to break out of
- An interest in the business side of tourism (DMOs/CVBs,
meetings and conventions, travel trade)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- A proactive, collaborative attitude
- Did we mention an intense love of New York City?
Candidates will be asked to complete a short edit test before
coming in for an interview.
Salary Dependent on experienceInterested applicants should forward
cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: NYC & Company, New York , Copywriter, Freelance (15-Week Contract), Advertising , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!